Simcoe Was On Fire!

honeyv

Was going to go to Cooch for perch then Little Lake in the eve for Crappie, ended up gust hitting a spot on Simcoe though. Thank god for that last minute split second decision... We ended up smashing the jumbos. Our dinks were 8-9 inches and we only kept the ones that swallowed the hooks bad. we only kept 10 + for the most part . First night, Simcoe was on fire! school after school of jumbos showing up on the Vexilar and we were marking fish like crazy! saw a suspended fish on the sonar and I got my jig up to it and I hooked into it. Turned out to be a herring (released), was kind of cool having seen one on the end of my line

20130126_092057_zps8452f78a.jpg

20130126_185633_zps0c6344cf.jpg

20130126_185626_zpsa9f39a04.jpg

This morning was a bit slower, but we still managed to do 3/4 of a bucket in 3 hours. So not bad...

20130127_194240_zps07e81f27.jpg

20130127_194245_zps2c8fdcd3.jpg

It was a great time up there my with ny bro thank God for his local knowledge or I would have prbably spent hours catching dinks in Gilford. Filleting all those perch took a while when I got in tonight . Boy was I happy to have an electric fillet knife.. It sliced the time in half LOL

thats awesome! Congrats on the productive outing. How much ice was up there where you were fishing? Just curious how are chances are with keeping the ice after this warm front rolls through

Congrats on the productive outting....looks fantastic. Cant say enough good things about electric fillet knife. I have the Rapala elec knife and it sure makes for quick work. I was lucky and picked mine up still in the plastic for $20 at a garage sale. If you dont have one....one of the best investments ever for me. Thanks for sharing your results !!!

thats awesome! Congrats on the productive outing. How much ice was up there where you were fishing? Just curious how are chances are with keeping the ice after this warm front rolls through

the ice in Pb and Vb and also cooks bay should be fine as they have 10+" of ice....the main lake might be a different story though....all depends on how much rain they get and the wind

great job with the jumbos honeyv....i bet that must have been a blast :)

Thanks! The spot that we were in was about 6".. some other parts have more as L2F said, there's a good 9-10" around PB and Vb we were on the other side near Innisfil.

Congrats on the productive outting....looks fantastic. Cant say enough good things about electric fillet knife. I have the Rapala elec knife and it sure makes for quick work. I was lucky and picked mine up still in the plastic for $20 at a garage sale. If you dont have one....one of the best investments ever for me. Thanks for sharing your results !!!

Thanks! I believe we may have the same one. Mine is a Rapala too, not sure if they have more models but it works like a charm. Great investment.

Nice, if u need help EATING them call

Thanks... I'll let you know lol.

Most likely be giving a few packages to the granny-in-law.

Archived