Maine To Ban Soft Plastics Of All Kinds

splitshot11

Please follow the link below to sign the petition to stop the ban of soft plastics that the State of Maine are trying to enact! It only takes a few seconds to fill out and then pass it on to all your friends! If this goes through it's only a matter of time before it comes this way!. THE DEADLINE IS FEB.15Th 12:00 noon EST. www.bassmaster.com/news/sign-petition-keep-soft-baits-legal

Thanks! Your help is much needed!

I'll be going to Augusta first thing when I get to Maine. This affects me and dozens of friends who fish the state. I have fished Maine both fresh and salt every year since I was one. The proposal is based on nothing. As mentioned, it is only a matter of time before your planet becomes someone elses. I will keep you posted if you wish. I'll be talking to friends there tonight.

I don't get it? What is wrong with soft plastic baits I have used them for years and this just blows my mind, if they want to ban "rubbers" we should start selling water bottles that aren't made out of plastic which clogs every waterway, but somthing that will biodegrade over a couple years. Now that is where the money and bills should be sent to not this rubbish.

'Rubber' worms! The scourge of our earth mother!

If that bill goes through, I wonder if it would spawn soft-plastic bootlegging... good ol boys with their fast cars outrunning the law across state lines with a trunk full of chiggers and senkos! Ya-hoo!

Not sure about a state ban on dropshot. however BASS has banned alabama rigs, double softtail rigs, and dropshots that use a jig as the bottom weight as apposed to a drop sinker, in most if not all tournaments.

Larry , I agree to some extent as I have cleaned a couple of fish & found gooey plastic inside their guts , but as I said , "a couple"" out of hundreds !. There are much LARGER fish to fry , like commercial netting etc etc....go after the big boys who kill millions of sharks for their fins ! I guess ordinary anglers are easier targets who haven't the resources to fight back . I hope the anglers fight this tooth & nail and if necessary they can blacklist the state of Maine for all their fishing & hunting or vacationing trips . I'm sure they would miss that money that helps keep their economy rolling .

I am confuse. ........Last year , the state of Maine locals agreed to drop the out of state Shore fishing license from $15 to just $1 to support tourism. Now out of state anglers can fish there freely..........., just cannot use plastic baits? Something just does not add up.

Archived