Fishing Spot For Toddler

boogaloo

My Grandson (5 1/2 years) is visiting next week and wants to fish. I have been out of action (surgery) and would like some suggestions of where to take him to catch anything that swims. Where can I find open water or SAFE ice for the little guy. Thanks......................Boog

possibly port dalhousie? out on the pier dropping salties or minnows?, i would think a drop shot rig would get you sometihng,you could get anything from guppies, trout, perch, sunnies, bluegills rockbass ect. if the weather is good and theres lots of sun then you should get something, i like the beach side pier facing the lake but its best with little wind. hope that helps

I usually take my son to Charles Daley he started at 3 and is 4 now not sure if the lower pond is open. Other than that piers aren't to bad just bring a chair and life jacket just incase!

I usually take my son to Charles Daley he started at 3 and is 4 now not sure if the lower pond is open. Other than that piers aren't to bad just bring a chair and life jacket just incase!

i believe that charles dailey is open at the lower pond. its a nice spot because the trees cut the wind, and you can get constant cats and carp. not sure how active they would be though. be sure to take pics, and let us know how you do :)

Are there any other trout ponds in the area? I have a couple friends who have asked me how fun fly fishing is and I find the easiest way to answer that is to go out to a naturally fed trout pond and just show them. I was taught on one up past London but I have no idea if there are any around here.

Are there any other trout ponds in the area? I have a couple friends who have asked me how fun fly fishing is and I find the easiest way to answer that is to go out to a naturally fed trout pond and just show them. I was taught on one up past London but I have no idea if there are any around here.

search st.johns conservation. they do a stocking of a small pond every year, your allowed to keep two trout per visit (although not many listen and its a shame) theres room to fly fish in the back side of the pond, dont go before the opener because co's do check it and people have been ticketed. and beware because there will be alot of people there the first few days,

There is one in thorold.

http://glengearing.wordpress.com/

There is one in thorold. http://glengearing.wordpress.com/

i have seen some good reports about tangled lines fish ponds, only problem is you have to pay for the trout per pound, there is no catch and release with them, and im not 100% sure if they allow fly fishing there, i would call and inquire to be sure though, they also have two other ponds that have bass and bluegill, i hear its fun.

• 3 weeks later...

I took my kids to Martindale pond. If you go down Martindale past St George you will come to a parking lot on the left. Just park there and walk down the path. They like it down there because you can catch small cats, panfish and frogs.

Archived