Who's Ready For The Perch!

Centre_Pin_Assasin

Are you allowed two lines when still fishing in the summer? I know you are allowed 2 when ice fishing or trolling, but does this reg. apply to all circumstances?

If you are in a boat in L Erie.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A buddy uses 2 rods w pickerel rigs when we're out perching, and he does very well indeed. Of course, this isn't cheap fishing - long drive, towing the boat, costs tons- so we're looking for limits.

Are you allowed two lines when still fishing in the summer? I know you are allowed 2 when ice fishing or trolling, but does this reg. apply to all circumstances?

The regs only say two lines from a boat in open water. It says nothing about havving to be moving.

Anybody have a jackhammer(big 1) lol. That ice ridge is not getting any smaller on it's own with this B.S spring weather.Bertie is Clear sailing but im not sure about non members launching there?

Launched at berties this morning thin sheet of ice about 1/4 inch thick all the way out to about 30 ft then breaks up a bit with big chunks in certain spots. Should be all melted by tomorrow if not tonight. We had no problem getting out just took it a bit slower

Launched at berties this morning thin sheet of ice about 1/4 inch thick all the way out to about 30 ft then breaks up a bit with big chunks in certain spots. Should be all melted by tomorrow if not tonight. We had no problem getting out just took it a bit slower

Good to hear you got out, but how was the fishing??

Yesterday in that bitter breeze? We were out the same day as Smash_em3 and there wasn't a fish to be had....on the Canadian side of the lake anyway. Water is extremely turbid, maybe a few inches vis. I would think that lake has to settle a bit more before any consistent fishing.

Matt, get out there with the sledge and get that ice busted up......then give me a call...lol

Perch bite should be picking up with the warm temperatures, im bummed i cant get out with weekend going to my cottage but all i wanna do is slam the perch. Also our lake is still frozen

I will go to your cottage & you can come get my boat,lol.Enjoy the cottage & the perch bite will be on next week!

Archived