Boat-Truck Batteries

smerchly

I will need to replace 3 batteries soon........one starter & one deep cycle for my boat & I noticed I have a leak under the front of my van ....quite sure the battery is leaking . I bought it at Sears when they had a separate shop at the Pen Center ......that was well over 10 years ago ! The batteries are Die Hard & have served me well . I do not need top of the line batteries , & I have heard the Walmart batteries are worth looking at for cost/durability and warranty . I was also thinking of Niagara Tire & Battery for good service & price .......any further advice ?

I would go to a smaller place ma and pa style like Niagara battery and tire, reason being is if you need three they can most likely get you a deal something like buy 2 get third free. you can strike a deal where corporate stores like walmart and CT you can't.

Good point Rick , I'll call them Monday & ask if they also have marine batteries . I keep them charged in the cold garage but I don't trust them as they are about 8 yrs.old or more . I bought my pickup truck tires from Kevin 2 years ago and they (Michelin) are real nice tires ..... $70 rebate when buying four , & they don't charge for balancing .

If the battery in your van is leaking, then you might not be starting. But if it is leaking, then I suggest you remove it immediastely and also spray the hell out of your battery tray and the surrounding areas with water.

You are right scap ......I removed the battery last week to clean the tray as it was wet & had some of that blue/green crud in one corner near the + post where I think it's leaking . Removing that big battery is a chore as it has to come out at a 45 degree angle to miss the rigid brake lines . I will get a new battery tomorrow and make sure the acid crud is neutralized and oiled or greased well .

looked closer at it today & it's leaking from the + side post terminal . I think the bolt is a tad too long & bottomed out causing a crack inside the threaded hole.

I have a used one out a truck I bought, it's an ac delco...

Holds a good charge, anyone who wants it can have it for 30$ or $20 for smerch!

It's a side post out of an 89 gmc pickup

I went to Niagara Tire & Battery & got a new battery with 950 cranking amps. for my Chevy Beauville van . They now have a new building with much more space inside to service vehicles & a large waiting room with comfy chairs & TV's . They sell only heavy duty batteries & also have marine batteries . They noticed my cheap Goodyear tires & told me I would get a much better ride with quality tires .... I have noticed my tires ride rough and are noisy .....will be replacing them soon also . The 17" Michelins they put on my F150 are awesome . You get what you pay for .....as in fishing equipment ....... B)

I have a used one out a truck I bought, it's an ac delco... Holds a good charge, anyone who wants it can have it for 30$ or $20 for smerch! It's a side post out of an 89 gmc pickup

Ha ha , thanks for the offer .......(do you think I could get $40 bucks for it )? lol

smerchly what kind of prices for the boat battery

Sorry . didn't ask about the price , but you can call them & ask what type you need & I'm sure they will give you a price. My van battery was $129 , taxes in .

Archived