Ultimate Fishing Song

Seanook

Recent discussions within the group of guys I fish with regularily have turned to the subject of the ultimate fishing song. This was brought about by my Buddy's habit of breaking out into a rendition of the Jeffersons theme song usually skipping the entire first bit and starting with "Fish don't fry in the kitchen"....LMAO. Usually right after landing a fish.

Although it really has nothing to do with the actual act of fishing....it is humerous.

As we discussed this topic, we came to realize that there are hundreds of songs dedicated to our favorite passtime. As there should be.

Now, anything by CCR is fishing tunes as far as I'm concerned. I don't care who you are.......You gotta love the Creedence.

Fishin in the dark by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band was unanimously recognized as one of the best. I hate country music but I do love that song.

Van Morrison's It stoned me was up there too. On top of being a great song it really captures the essence of being young and trapsing around the river with your fishing gear

My personal favorite is a little obscure, espescially if you were not a young adult in the early nineties but it is the opitomy of a true fish'n song.......Above is little ditty from the band Primus........John the Fisherman! CLASSIC!

There are too many good ones that I can think of but I wanna hear your favorites.

Please......No Kid Rock, Nickelback or L'il Wayne. LOL......Just cause they suck! Kidding. If it's relevant......it's relevant, I suppose.

'' caught a hundred pound sturgeon on twenty pound test........fish on''

Fish on another solid fishing tune by primus love these guys thanks for reminding me to reload my I pod with some summer fishing tunes.

'' caught a hundred pound sturgeon on twenty pound test........fish on''

Fish on another solid fishing tune by primus love these guys thanks for reminding me to reload my I pod with some summer fishing tunes.

Yeeeah Maaaan!

Forgot to add that they are probably the ultimate fish song band of all time.

Brad Paisley - Im gonna miss her Most deffinitley not the ultimate fishing song ...first thing that came to mind!

My girl has been torturing me with Brad Paisley for months now.......Definately not making the list! GRRRRR Brad Paisley pfffft!

This is my ultimate fishing song.....the guitar at the intro reminds me of watching my float trickle down a super long drift.....then the drums kicks in "FISH ON"!!!

I also have deep respect for this song as Drummer Danny Carrey times his beats to the Fibonacci sequence, and Maynard also sets the syllables in each line on this same mathematical sequence.

two of the lines I really relate to are "watch it bend" & "over thinking, over analizing".

This is my ultimate fishing song.....the guitar at the intro reminds me of watching my float trickle down a super long drift.....then the drums kicks in "FISH ON"!!!

I also have deep respect for this song as Drummer Danny Carrey times his beats to the Fibonacci sequence, and Maynard also sets the syllables in each line on this same mathematical sequence.

two of the lines I really relate to are "watch it bend" & "over thinking, over analizing".

Baaaadass.

I've seen Tool 4 times. Unreal live performance. Top 5 favorite bands all time.

Nice one Mick!

Copps Coliseum was my first. Then Ampitheatre twice. Last was the ACC two rows back from centre stage!....My Bro got those tix for me last Chrismas. Not the best show or venue but still a heck of an experience.

Copps Coliseum was my first. Then Ampitheatre twice. Last was the ACC two rows back from centre stage!....My Bro got those tix for me last Chrismas. Not the best show or venue but still a heck of an experience.

frontrowtool.jpg

Archived