Monster Smallmouth Caught Today On The Upper From Shore

I can't help but notice the name you post under, and the irony of this post. Catching multiple Smallmouth in April in Ontario waters could be considered 'targeting' them...And of course you must be aware that Bass opens in FMZ19 on the 4th Saturday in June...

just because im under fishingtheupperzone19 does not mean im fishing that zone,its called a username not where i fish ,and i made cause i notice there is mostly canadians on this site and that zone is the same waters i fish on the NY side.theres nothing in the post that says what we were targeting.so to let you know we were jigging for lake trout and happen to hook into a few smallmouth.i dont fish ontario waters so i dont need to know when a season opens in ontario.there are people on here that are interested in fishing the ny side is why i post.

My appology stands but I just re-read the thread and all I see is another poster asking if it was NYS...I fish NY water for Bass prior to the Ontario opener and I'm always careful to not forget to add that info when I post pics/reports!

Sorry, my bad. I didn't see the part about it being in NY state (where I am aware Bass is open year round)

december 1st through friday preceding the 3rd saturday in june is a catch and release ,only-artificial lure season for bass in NY state.I took it down and rewrote it in response to your first post about where we fish(NY state)

WOWWWW....thats a hog man....

I'd make a mount from that pic if I caught it...

Nice net job by the way....Ernie is probably still smiling...

Ernies always smiling.

had to send this picture to a few of ym girlfriends dads buddies, all they could say is "Holy Crap!"

thats good people are enjoying the pic

My appology stands but I just re-read the thread and all I see is another poster asking if it was NYS...I fish NY water for Bass prior to the Ontario opener and I'm always careful to not forget to add that info when I post pics/reports!

Were just getting on the same Page thats all

• 3 weeks later...

i netted it my buddy ernie caught it.he was using a 1/8 oz red jighead with a 2 inch plastic tube(red).i was waiting to run into him and get a pic of the exact jig.i havent run into him yet, but when i do ill get a pic of it being that we always share whats working.sorry i took so long to respond.i want to be 100% accurate with information im sharing.thats a nice Northern in your profile pic.

406351607.jpg

Started off the day fishing in dirty water and high winds.i hit a 2 pound smallmouth the first of 2013.My buddy Ernie showed up and started working his game.he hit a 3 pound smallmouth that he landed(I netted) he missed a hook set,clipping another fish.Then i heard Fish on!!. i wasted no time to get the net and this golliath surfaced for me to secure the deal for Ernie.Out of 9 people me and Enie were the only ones to get hook ups before the wind and rain came.Ernie estimates this fish to be between 6.5 and 7 pounds.nobody had a scale so we will never know.through rough conditions we never gave up and hooked some nice ones.

What did she bite on? I was out on the river yesterday for Bass could not got anything to bite.

What did she bite on? I was out on the river yesterday for Bass could not got anything to bite.

that was back in late april.jigging small tube jigs on a 1/8 ounce jig ( red and black tube 2 inches)i was dying to get outyesterday.got to the end of the street and stopped.strong north wind and my hands were aching and knees.thats my indicator not to fish the upper when its strong north wind.got skunked fishing those north winds to many times.the wind could of been differant earlier on but i was at work

Archived