Couple Days Of Local Pike Fishing

heavy cover

Booked a few days off to enjoy some pike fishing. Managed 7 on saturday between 2-5 lbs.plus an o.o.s. musky which I estimate at 45 inches. Musky was really clean and strong, especially for local waters. Sunday was a write off due to gusting winds. 67 kmh wind gusts and a canoe don't go well together. Monday was really slow only 2 pike. Today landed 5 and had several short strikers. The weather was terrible, broke a rod, and froze my but off a couple mornings, but I still enjoyed myself .

The only picture(s) is of the musky. Two guys in a small boat came over and offered to net the fish(nice that they offered) and took a picture of the beast. I have never figured out how to load pics from my phone, so sorry no pr0n.

good job! ive been hitting pike hard in martindale pond from my canoe ... excited for musky season to open ... going to definatley check out the welland river and see what i can come up with. PM me if you feel like joining sometime.

Wait where did you catch a musky? Is it as random as catching them at the whirlpool? The only musky I caught was just shy of 5 ft long and I was 6. The fish was taller/longer then I was. If you would like I can upload the picture for you just send it to my email Scholtensrsvp@hotmail.com

yes ...how is the muskie fishing in there?is it rare to hit a muskie there?

Welland river can be quite good for musky. Biggest I know of (I didn't catch) is 53 Inches. The closer to Niagara seems to hold more/bigger musky. Colours are identical to the niagara fish. If you want specific location send me a pm please.

The llast I heard of the Niagara River is one of the most productive Musky waters in Ontario on a hours per fish basis. Being a tributary of the Niagara it is only reasonable to find muskies in it. I have caught them in the Port Robinson area as well as Pike, Chinook, rainbows, largemouth and smallmouth bass, among other species. The carp and catfish fishing is great and bowfin are often caught.

The llast I heard of the Niagara River is one of the most productive Musky waters in Ontario on a hours per fish basis. Being a tributary of the Niagara it is only reasonable to find muskies in it. I have caught them in the Port Robinson area as well as Pike, Chinook, rainbows, largemouth and smallmouth bass, among other species. The carp and catfish fishing is great and bowfin are often caught.

The highest numbers musky fishery I believe is lake st.clair.

The highest numbers musky fishery I believe is lake st.clair.

i think he was just saying that the niagara is one of the best, not saying that it was the best, but st.clair is pretty popular for the size and numbers of musky

The niagara river is quite a tough musky fishery these days, numbers are way down from what they used to be but it is definitely on its way back with lots of young fish.

The niagara river is quite a tough musky fishery these days, numbers are way down from what they used to be but it is definitely on its way back with lots of young fish.

thats true, alot of the catches that i hear of are when people are trout/salmon/steelie fishing, i know i hooked into a small hand full this season, only landed one and it was on a spoon, but i got a few nice ones on my line using minnow plastics, even had one follow me till 2 feet from shore at queenston, i havnt seen size, but lots of nice 20-35 inch fish

Archived