How To Make Or Add Stuff To Make Our Bait Float For Carp?

fishfight

Aside from adding fake plastic corn, any other way to make our corn on hair rig float?

Some areas we fish might have debris down below, so making our presentation float make sense.

Aside from adding fake plastic corn, any other way to make our corn on hair rig float?

Some areas we fish might have debris down below, so making our presentation float make sense.

im not sure how to make it float without the floating corn, but you can always try pop up boilies, they seem to be pretty popular for guys in your similar situation

I have a big bag of styrofoam bead from the $ store ,some as large as corkies . I push a pin through them to string them on the line or just add them to the shank of a hook .They are white but can be painted . Marshmellows also float well off bottom as well as puffed corn . I will be using these baits today at Jordan .

stick with the plastic corn, its the best ive found and helps to keep the hookbait on for multiple fish on 1 bait. This method critically balances the rig and assists in keeping the hookbait slighty above weed and bottom structure. This raised bait often is taken early over loose offerings as it is up and easily visible to the carp. There are times though when just a regular rig will perform better, but when I start out a session its almost always with plastic and go from there depending what the fish want.

Darrin

• 1 year later...

Archived