Apparently Welland Has An Open Bass Season

LoverofDrum

Take it easy guy's: This issue comes up every year and the same comments are made each year. You are right when you say just make the rules the same across the board USA included. The devoted bass guys have been trying to get this fixed for years,I have asked the CO'S what the differance is between US bass and Canadian bass and to this day they still can't tell us. The next one is do they spawn at differant times, sometimes yes, it go's by water temp and yes the U.S. side may get warmer before the Canadian side because of the current and depths of water.To me it would make sense to make opening bass season one date and one date only across the board, but the only way to do that is to get every one on board and plead our case to the Ministry,the only thing is it will take more than just a few e-mails it will take thousands from us and the U.S side as well. So if you wish to do this then get started if not and you think it should just stay the same then stop your bitchen about OOS BASS and just try to chill when you see this happen and just try to inform them about the rules and regs in the different zones. :wall:

Hey Catfish hahahah, I don't totally agree with what your saying because I think inland Bass fisheries are more vulnerable to a year round or early season. However I do think there is room for a trophy, Catch & Release year round season, on the Great Lakes systems, I think New York State has got it right. There system provides Bass anglers opportunities to fish year round and get the most from the sport and does not seem to harm the fishery, in fact by providing areas to fish year round it takes pressure off more sensitive inland fisheries.If you want to protect the Bass on the beds you can always make them sanqutaries which is already done, our Bass seasons seem to be outdated and need improvement. In North Western ON bass is open year round and the area still provides some of the best Trophy Bass fishing in the world, in fact it's hard to find an area in Ontario that does not have a high quality Bass fishery. Since Bass is such a popular fish I think it's time the MNR looked into managing them by give Bass fishers more opportunities to pursue there sport,like our nieghbours to the south have done.

For me though Bass is just away to pass the time untill the real fish hit the Tribs hahahahaha

Hey Johnny. You are right but I didn't want to get into the US thing to much because then it would make the tatoo thing another isue,and the thing about the bass are bigger on the US side a complete kerfuffel.Any way opening was very good.

Archived