Is It Worth A Shot?

jordanl

hey guys, il be visiting niagara from the 24th till the 29th of this month, and i am looking to take my girlfriend fishing for half a day. shes fished for perch and bass before, but i really want her to hook into a carp, i didnt take into consideration however that the carp are spawning right now, i was just planning on fishing cdp with bread balls and corn but i dont have all day to get a fish on her line, she gets antsy fast. do you carp guys think its still worth a shot, or should i take option number 2 and take her for perch in fort erie?

I think you stand a good chance of hooking a carp or cats in the pond side of 16 mile creek at the lake . ...nice sandy beach there . I hope they open up the road to that area SOON !! Otherwise you can park at Daley Park on the west side of the lot and walk down the pathway for about 200 meters. They like corn wink ;) wink

hha thanks smerch, i really want to take her for carp, she likes perch fishing and likes catching smallies, but she has never hooked into anything bigger then her pb 20 inch smallie. so iv wanted to rig up my 10'6 fenwick and 8'6 eagle claw for carp and let her catch one ever since i moved up here. i think il set up similar rigs just on with corn and one with bread, cast it out in a v formation and see what we can do,

I was at CD park last night on the 16 mile side and lots of Carp were swimming about and feeding on the surface, mostly near where the pond goes under the QEW... Just be warned there is this fuzzy plant stuff on the surface that can stick to your line and sometimes clog the tip of your rod -_- . Bring worms in case they don't take the corn and bread, and you can sink into some decent sized cats as a back-up plan. Goodluck and Tight Lines !

Hey guys, sorry been busy with my girlfriends prom and graduation, however did make it out for 2 hours tuesday. No good hits on the bread, but a few nibbles. Managed 2 bullheads on worms, nothing of size but they were. Fun. I'm headed back out now with corn and bread in hand, will give it another shot and see what I can get

My days booked as of right now, but be prepared for a walk, they are officially blocking off all parking access to the west beach. And they took out the regular parking on the way down, only places to park now are the parking to the right, or the upper parking on the left side. Good luck though, iv been getting cats on worms and corn, and doughballs have been pretty unresponsive. But I'll leave it to you carp guys to really test the waters

Howd it go guys? Any luck? I know the kitties are biting but I'm interested in seeing what the carp are biting, I gained myself another day in niagara and will have 4 hours to fish, so I'll be fishing cdp for abit, will be bringing some bread, corn and pineapple boiliesut only if I can find my bait needle:p if anyones interested in meeting up msg me on here

• 1 month later...

Archived