Dil's Lake Round 2.

ChefMick

Electrics are allowed, I'm trying to get back there as many times as possible,,,, I was talking to a park official, and he said there is a pro angler who uses the lake to test out new lures, last fall he caught and logged officially, one 10 lb.er, 2 9's an 8.5 and a 6.

Dude dil's is ma home! I live 5 minutes from it! Nice bucket. Try casting a plastic frog into all the lily pads. It's tons of fun.

thanks for the advice Catfish, but when it comes to pads and matts I use a punching rig to get through it!!

Electrics are allowed, I'm trying to get back there as many times as possible,,,, I was talking to a park official, and he said there is a pro angler who uses the lake to test out new lures, last fall he caught and logged officially, one 10 lb.er, 2 9's an 8.

Sounds like a load of crap. That means that he probably caught the ontario record and some just near it. Completely unrealistic. Sounds like someone who wants to sell you an annual pass :)

P.S. I fish it a ton and the biggest i've pulled out is about 4 lbs.

WTG Chef !!! who's this pro ? I know most of them....I have personally caught a 23 inch largie that weighed only 5.2 lb on the Berkley.. length wise it should have weighed 7 lbs, and it was caught in the fall.... have caught several 3 plus, tons of 1-2 lbers , actually my buddy and I use to take his bass tender in there like 10 years ago, they use to have an opening bass derby, I won it one year and he finished 2nd another . a couple kids in a canoe tossing a frog (artificial)actually weighed in a 5 pounder one of those derbies, thankful they were in the kids division LOL!!usually a high 3 or low 4 takes first...not sure if they still have this derby on opening ???? was a lot of fun...

Nice fish.

One question - where is Dils Lake - sounds like a spot to take my grandson fishing.

It's a conservation area. Search it on your browser as chippawa park conservation area and you'll get all the info. If you fish from shore you can get a crap load of sunfish but the sunnies have been so overfished alot of days now they're non existent pretty much. The best fishing is renting a canoe or launching your own and fishing lily pads although from chef's pic he was fishing open water.

Catfish, I already have a park pass so he wasn't trying to sell me one. I do believe there are lunkers in there, and that fish was caught in the thick, the open water was behind me. I haven't even tried to fish there in the open water for cruisers as every time ive been able to get on the water it was hot and sunny, therefore I punched the cover or drop senkos on the edges.

There could not possibly be trophy bass in Dil's because I never caught one ;) I kidd. But have seen with my own eyes a trophy sized (6lb +) bass yanked from lunker holding structure; at a time of day that would have lunkers active; during a season when lunkers are at their most hungry.

Oh, I see. I mean, there are no lunkers at Dil's. Move along. :P

LMAO well if you guys ever get out there, I'll be the guy with the broomstick playing Whack A Mole with all the lurkers!!

Alright man! Make sure to post one of these 9 or 10 lbers when you get one :)

#10lbBassDilsLake ;)

YEh, ok....and you know how my aunt could have been my uncle? :roflblack:

bass_zps9c1c4d69.jpg

A buddy of mine has his trailer at Dils this weekend so I decided to pay him and his canoe a visit at 6:00 AM today! Pulled out this lunker, could almost put my fist in his mouth.

nice fish! the bass looks kind of grey though, i dont see that to often, or is that just how the picture turned out?

Archived