Dil's Lake Round 2.

ChefMick

is it worth going to dil's for shore fishing? never been there and am limited to land unfortunately, or perhaps i could bring a roll of duct tape and fashion a water craft out of sticks...

is it worth going to dil's for shore fishing? never been there and am limited to land unfortunately, or perhaps i could bring a roll of duct tape and fashion a water craft out of sticks...

If you want some sunfish then fish from shore. They rent canoes and a row boat there.

you can go in AM and wade in the water by the beach walking out to the rope and cast senkos,topwaters etc...before people are swimming, I have caught fish there (albeit on opener). actually the swim beach is probably a great spot to start, if allowed...there are several areas along shoreline open enough for fishing although the best (imo) are to be had by some sort of floating apparatus..

I was out at Dils on Saturday in my inflatable boat. It was my first time out there. Not much action with live target frogs on the lily pads (didn't see much jump either). But as soon as I switched to a pumpkinseed coloured jig I landed a nice largemouth.

http://imgur.com/a/xomlA

Lots of people were fishing from shore and canoes. I was the only powered 'vessel' on the lake.

just curious as to why you would toss topwaters over those pads??? they are a bit too thick and chunky to provide wet matting for good presentation.

Just my opinion however.

I love Chippawa Conservation area, grew up camping there and just brought some friends with me this past weekend for a three day camping trip.

We brought my canoe and did some fishing, probably not as much as we liked to do, but none the less it was a great time, however, in all the years I have fished Dils, including last weekend, I have not seen a bass pulled from there over 5 pounds, seems as though everyone focuses on fishing Dils rather then fishing the Welland River which has some good fishing too.

Anyways, I am not sure what really works best in that lake LOL ... jigging mepps, Yum Dingers, worm harnesses, top water frogs, weedless mice, brown mister twisters all seem to work.

Archived