13 Rods

Jason15

Does anyone have experience with the 13 spinning rods? Considering picking one up

You mean a 13' rod Jason ? That is a long rod for a spinning reel , unless you are 6' 5" not 5'6" like moi . lol I have a spinning rod that is 11'6" & it can be a pain in the butt where there are trees over head .I use it mostly for drifting at Port Dalhousie or other wide open spots when float fishing . I use a reel that is the right weight to balance the rod to avoid wrist & arm fatique . Visit a local tackle shop and I'm sure they will help you pick out a long rod that will suit your needs .

I assume you are talking about 13' fishing rods. These rods are great on middle to large tribs. when using a float or spinning reel. On smaller eastern ditches they might cause problems in heavily wooded areas, so where you intend to fish determines what rod is best suited.

Yes 13 fishing I guess I should have said

No worries I have a ice rod from them seemed pretty good was wondering about fresh water rods considering they are from florida

My buddy uses them almost exclusively now. They are a really nice rod, high quality components and blank. A moderatley priced rod for what you get. Not sure what series you are looking at, the Envy or the Omen, but I like them both.

As for the one piece, don't be afraid of getting one, that's all I use for tourney gear. One piece rods have a smoother curve, they don't get the flat spot where the rod joins. 1 pc are generally lighter because they don't have the solid end to connect the 2 pcs together...it is a minimal difference. Also, it is a bit more sensitive. All of that doesn't make a difference if you can't store it easily. 2 pc rods, in todays market are quite good and are far better than they used to be.

St.Croix, Fenwick, Daiwa, Shimano, Quantum all make really good 2pc rods if that's how you chose to go.

Hope that helped.

I can generally fit a rod that is under 6' in my car no problem just the 2 piece is easier to store if need be. Thanks big dog.

Just picked up an Omen Black 7'1" MH spinning rod. Yet to test it out. They are very well reviewed so I'm pumped to get it out on the water. Next week I'll have used it and post the results.

nice I think that's what I'm looking at

I can fit a 15' one piece rod in my fishing vehicle . :) I put my 16' canoe inside as well but 2' sticks out the back , must tie the doors together & keep the windows down . I have some very old one piece rods , used when we all had them with our South Bend casting reels & "no stretch" black nylon line .

• 2 weeks later...

Great rod. I am no tournament fisherman but know enough about good equipment to say this is a great product. I bought the Omen Black 7'1" MH from Grimsby Tackle for $100.00 and its easily as good as the rods my brother buys for twice that money. I have it paired up with a Lews Speed Spin 400A I bought online from tackle warehouse for $60.00 delivered to my door. 10 bearings, well made, comfortable, and very smooth. Seems a great combo for well under $200.00. I'll be getting more 13 Fishing rods. Hope that helps.

Got onto that rod and reel with this article (not sure if I can post this link but will and take it down if need be, sorry mods)

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/gone-fishin%E2%80%99/2013/02/tackle-test-2013

Thanks! I picked up a 6'7 medium handled very well for tossing tube, senkos, spinners and body baits the rod is very light and the handle seems pretty comfortable

• 3 weeks later...

Follow up post on the rod. I love this rod. It did, however, break on me as I was pulling in a 3 lb, or so, pike last week. Went back to Grimsby Tackle and with no frustration at all the rod was replaced. So, I bought another 13 Fishing rod. This one is a casting rod 7'3' fast action, heavy. We'll see how it goes, but so far I love this product. Grimsby Tackle was great to deal with on the warranty issue.

I've used one of their flippin sticks I think it was the Omen, from the same guy that Big Dog is talking about. If only Joe would answer this thread haha. I had a good experience with the rod for the one day I used it. Price seems to be pretty good for what you get. Not sure what warrenty is like. JOE R where are you when we need you LOL

Archived