What Are The Odds ?

smerchly

So , I went to the Bulk Barn for some goodies for us , the dog & the fishies . As I approached the cash register , the power went out . A lady gets a sign for the door to close down . I had to have cash to check out which luckily I had just enough. I could not exit the parking lot due to a huge traffic jam ....one lane was closed but a nice trucker let me in . What a mess there !

So , my wife goes to Wall Mart for some needed items ( like 5 bags full) , & as the last 2 items were being scanned , the power went out .....3rd time today apparently as a bus knocked out power on 4th Ave. they said . She had to wait for the power to return & re-scan all of the groceries etc.

Isn't technology wonderful ? lol My worst fear is if an ambulance or firetruck needs to get through that zoo , the patient may die of old age .

I think this is a good sign since I'm going fishing tomorrow ! The fishing will be hot !! :Gonefishing:

Ya....you should see the blank looks on young people when the batteries in the calculator die and they have to get out paper and pencil to do a calculation. I got a slide rule out of my memories drawer and showed my grandson and he got this horrified look on his face. O rwhen the batteries die in the gps in the middle of the bush up north. That's when the map and compass come out.

Hmmm. lets go fishing with no depth finder, no gps, no water temperature gauges and just a hydrographic map. To some people that means they can't fish. Gone are the days when you lined up the smoke stack at INCO with the brown roof of a house on shore and followed the fenceline south until you intersect the two in order to find the Bear Hole for perch thropugh the ice on Lake Erie.

The good old days?????

I must be showing my age, because I can remember lining up that former stack at Inco to zero in on a fishing hole.

Wow ! I didn't know you are that old :o . Before this new high tech stuff , we just marked an " X" on the bottom of the boat ....... :)

Archived