Fall Targets

captainplanet

Summer is officially over. I'm not sad at all because there is still some awesome fishing yet to come. What are your targets this fall?

Going after some *big* pike and bass before they go deep. Also going to try the luck at some salmon and steelhead in the lower.

Too much fishing to do, not enough time!

Why would people waste their time with perch and crappie (unlesss for a BBQ) when we have all these amazing fish like pike, bass, trout, and salmon pigging out?

Because different people like different things.

I targeted the carp today .....notta sign of them , but tons of minnows & chubs in the water .......time to start looking for a perch dinner , then later in the fall , time for some pike fishing . :Gonefishing:

Why would people waste their time with perch and crappie (unlesss for a BBQ) when we have all these amazing fish like pike, bass, trout, and salmon pigging out?

lol

Sometimes the small fish are the most fun! I use -small- loosely. Slab crappie like the one Larry is holding do not fit the small scale! some of those jumbo perch people catch from Lake E. can rival a small walleye too!

I'm with you Cliff.....I got hooked last year on the lower and picked up some good experience and tips from yourself and a couple other board members.....can't wait to gain more experience and confidence this fall and winter.....!!!!!!

how could fishing be a waste of time?besides I catch incidental bass n pike while crappie fishing almost every outing

I live catching everything but comparing crappie to steel is like comparing Prime rib to weiners. We all love a hotdog once and a while but we wouldnt tturn down prime rib. Well unless youre a freak, jk. I guess at the end.of.the day its about enjoying yourself and.if youve accomplished that, then you win.

Browns, Rainbows and of course perchies........getting into a pile of perch can be just or maybe more fun then trout fish'in and the reward for dinner table is 1000x better.

I live catching everything but comparing crappie to steel is like comparing Prime rib to weiners. We all love a hotdog once and a while but we wouldnt tturn down prime rib. Well unless youre a freak, jk. I guess at the end.of.the day its about enjoying yourself and.if youve accomplished that, then you win.

meaning the Crappie are the Prime rib

I'm assuming crappie are the prime rib here right?Steel is nice smoked but you can't beat battered n fried crappie,just sayin

Archived