Erie Perch

captnn

Who cares????, 50 perch is 50 perch weather you use 2 rods or 1, like captain says there is little advantage using 2 rods for perch if your catching. What about the Walleye fishers on Lake Erie should they be only allowed 1 rod, why should ice fishers be able to use 2 rods?????? , why is ice fishing a different story, there is no modern technology for ice fishing, come on everybody and there uncle is out there now with flashers, gps, modern style augers, freaking atv's, smart phones with navonics apps. You would love NYS regs they allow 3 rods hahahaha

Just asking if I can use 2 rods with 4 hooks each while perching Dude . That will help me get my limit every trip out there and keep my freezer filled with perch . Fishing for eyes while trolling 2 rods is fine ,although a guy fishing solo may have some extra excitement when the 2nd rod is hit while fighting a nice 10# eye. hahahah . Ice fishing is different since your lines can only cover a few inches of the bottom , but I agree the hi-tech ways used today make it much easier to fill your limits , and leaving dozens of unmarked 10" open holes all over the place . Time for more up to date rules & limits ? :smiley_campfire-1::Gonefishing: ahah.....

Forgot to mention if you can get minnows. So far Thursday is the day. On Saturday all this week was the day. That changed in a hurry. Soon it will be time to hit the slopes. Then the winter fishing itch begins.

Archived