Shroomming

smerchly

After all the rains lately I looked for some shrooms today . I found a few edible field shrooms & saw a few large ones that were too far gone for the table . I wasn't sure about some of the others , so I left them there . If we have any experts here , maybe you can I.D. them .....

This is a big field mushroom .....too old to adorn my steak !

SAM_3481.JPG

The gills look like a sponge on these ones .....no looka too good to eat ......

SAM_3482.JPG

These are large , about 6" across the top , growing among the pines ......look good but wasn't sure about them ....

SAM_3490.JPG

Mushroom are so fun to forage for!! If you might think its good take one home (the whole thing including the bulb) for a spore print. I'm 99% sure the second pic are "slippery jacks". Grow in mixed forest by pines and maple. And are edible. Never eat something your unsure of but there are 3 very easy to identify shrooms in ont that are awesome eatting. Been picking since birth, got some slippery jacks in the kwararthas last weekend!!

Used to pick shrooms in the late 70s early 80s out in BC I prefer to forget those days though lol

Our youth were the magical days Cliff ....... :crazy:

Thanks for the info splitshot ......I'm sure they were slippery jacks after Googling it up too , but I'm still a little leery on eating anything other than the field mushroom with the pink/salmon gills . I like to make a side dish with them , chopped up and fried with chopped green/red peppers and tomatoes . ....good to top a steak with also .

Archived