Good Business

smerchly

We hear a lot about crooked business dealers , getting ripped off etc etc . Well , today I went to get some new tires & have them also check my exhaust as I saw a small leak under my 24 yr.old van early yesterday .I went to Niag.Tire& Battery & they put her up on the hoist , came back to me & said those tires are ok for a year or 2 & the exhaust looked fine except for a tiny pin hole in the cat.converter ,so they called a guy at Midas who would be more able to redo the custom exhaust . The cost was zero . I went about 2 blocks to Midas who checked the ex/system & said they would try to order a plug that fits in where the leak is & they put a spot of weld on another spot that had a slight crack , so a new exhaust was not needed at this time . The cost was zero . I stopped at Sears on the way home to buy a 19.2 cordless drill on sale ......none left , don't know when more will come in ......left the store & van wouldn't start ....called CAA ....guy comes & needs to hammer the starter lightly .....bad connection on positive wire .....van starts ......cost once again , zero ! It's nice to see that there are honest people still at large ! I could have spent about $6 - $700 today but didn't spend a dime ........This is a good omen , I think I need to buy a new ice auger ....... :santa:

Lots of good ones out there Bruce . Word of mouth spreads fast and now we have Twitter & Facebook as well as You Tube to spread the news both good and bad . The van wouldn't start today ....solenoid connection is toast , threads burned from arching . I put a self tapper in to get it tight enough to start to drive to my mechanic tomorrow to fix it properly. Grounded again ! :(

I hope you played the lottery yesterday smerch !

Now you tell me !! haha . I ended up getting a brand new starter as the solenoid post was toast . My mechanic said it has a life time warranty .....I said , at my age they got a deal ! But I can't complain as the starter cost was only 100 bucks + tax.

Archived