This Is Just Wrong

Slevin

So Tuesday nite I go to wash my car at 830 pm. As I walk by the garbage can to go in side to break a 5 dollar bill sticking out of the can are 4 deer legs!!!! I had to take a double look. So I went in and told him what was in the can. He said he would tell the owner to look and see if they can nail the person for dropping off the legs. I hope they CATCH the person that did this

Wow...thats Brutal. Actions like that are what give hunters a bad name when so many are doing such great things.

Could be someone WANTING to give hunters a bad name , or an illegal hunter wanting to pi$$ in everyone's cornflakes . On a comparative note , anglers who toss their fishing line anywhere they want , give ethical anglers a bad rap . I still find lots of line on the ground at Port Dal. everytime I go there . Ya , grrrrrrr ! :angry:

Had a few similar experiences recently. One was finding a deer leg on a popular hiking trail. It's an NPCA property but not one they allow hunting on. Not sure if it was poached, the result of a nautral death or it was hunted on nearby private land, but either way I didn't want some kid picking it up and asking "Mommy what's this?" so I relocated it off the trail where it wouldn't be spotted.

Then at another NPCA property, one that definitely allows hunting, I found a massive pile of guts and bones with a few deer legs sticking out of it right in the middle of the parking lot. Not in the corner of the parking lot, not near the bush, right smack dab in the middle of the lot. So everyone who brings their dog for a walk here gets to see that. A gutpile is one thing, that's a necessary evil, but it should be in the woods where you dropped the deer, not in the parking lot. Not to mention the legs and rib cage...

Had a few similar experiences recently. One was finding a deer leg on a popular hiking trail. It's an NPCA property but not one they allow hunting on. Not sure if it was poached, the result of a nautral death or it was hunted on nearby private land, but either way I didn't want some kid picking it up and asking "Mommy what's this?" so I relocated it off the trail where it wouldn't be spotted.
Then at another NPCA property, one that definitely allows hunting, I found a massive pile of guts and bones with a few deer legs sticking out of it right in the middle of the parking lot. Not in the corner of the parking lot, not near the bush, right smack dab in the middle of the lot. So everyone who brings their dog for a walk here gets to see that. A gutpile is one thing, that's a necessary evil, but it should be in the woods where you dropped the deer, not in the parking lot. Not to mention the legs and rib cage...

Some just don't care

These examples persist year in year out. There are poachers, and weekend warriors, and citiots , who either don't care or don't have a clue. They will continue in their ways until caught, punished, and publicly shamed. And a $100-200 fine is no deterrent.

Archived