Ice Reports

smatone2k

heard of a couple lakes in the kawarthas that people are ice fishing on just wanna really make sure before I make the drive for nothing any buddy got any real reports on ice thickness like if u know some one who actually checked the ice just wanna be real sure. again its a decent drive and not worth my life thanks in advance to anyone who can help out

Please do not rely on hearsay. If you wish to report on ice conditions you yourself have experienced that is fine. It is first hand knowledge. Please refrain from 2nd hand or 3rd hand reporting, it cannot be considered reliable.

Captnn,A little harsh.It has been -20 up in Northbay area quite a few nights in a row along with all other nights being sub-zero too.I know of a few areas that will be getting holes punched in it this weekend,including Simcoe!! You have to know the waterbody & be cautious.

I'm guessing some local spots will have 3" -4" of ice by Santa time . The long term outlook is well below normal temps for the next 10 days . Have spud will travel .....soon ! :coldsmiley::Gonefishing:

Captnn,A little harsh.It has been -20 up in Northbay area quite a few nights in a row along with all other nights being sub-zero too.I know of a few areas that will be getting holes punched in it this weekend,including Simcoe!! You have to know the waterbody & be cautious.

It might be a little harsh but there is always someone going through on what they thought was safe ice. North Bay temps are not the Kawarthas or L SImcoe areas.

My cousin lives on rice lake said its been frozen over justnot quite ready for ice fishig and my buddy in barrie said he seen some people out but thought they were insane for doing it

But after this cold snap it should be ready I would thinknot planing on this weekend but hopein real soon

Archived