Weekend Fishin

tmate

While most of you guys spent yesterday curled up by a fireplace I ripped on down to the river for an afternoon of troutin. Only one other car out there between both of the lots (aside from the guys I was fishing with). Had a good day down there and the fish were very hungry.. Iwould like to thank everyone for staying home and letting me fish wherever I wanted. The plan was to head back down there today but I got a little deep into the ol bottle last night and decided to avoid the hike and do something a little easier...and yes, I am ice fishing!...now heres a few of the fish from the weekend.

bow3_zpsfd673f10.jpg

bow4_zps940f7d29.jpg

bow1_zps2e88df9a.jpg

bow5_zpscfe2316f.jpg

bow6_zps211369cd.jpg

How does one ice fish with a pin setup ;). Nice fish

its tricky fishing 13 ft from the hole

You could have shoved my driveway on the way past!!

Nice fish and Merry Christmas BTW.

ya, maybe next time i'll feel like shovelling instead of fishing :P

Merry Christmas!

Nice going Thorald....i almost made the trip, but the drive getting there put me off. No rewards for couch potatoes!!

Nice steel there TF . They like those bright sunny days I hear . Catching crappies on the 13' pin can be a blast ....saw guys using 7' rods at Rennie and catching fish ! .......(standing back 7' doesn't scare them away ) ! haha

Was the ice fishing in dunville was thinkin of makin the trip up there to give it a tryin im diein to get on some hardwater

Was the ice fishing in dunville was thinkin of makin the trip up there to give it a tryin im diein to get on some hardwater

Nice steel there TF . They like those bright sunny days I hear . Catching crappies on the 13' pin can be a blast ....saw guys using 7' rods at Rennie and catching fish ! .......(standing back 7' doesn't scare them away ) ! haha

Thats just outrageous! I could barely feel these little crappie biting on my ultralight icefishing rod. They were biting really soft on sunday and you had to be jigging or you wouldnt have caught a thing. Ice was within the niagara region. Just a small landlocked waterbody that I always hit up for first ice.

Thats just outrageous! I could barely feel these little crappie biting on my ultralight icefishing rod. They were biting really soft on sunday and you had to be jigging or you wouldnt have caught a thing. Ice was within the niagara region. Just a small landlocked waterbody that I always hit up for first ice.

I have 2 ice rods that I use for crappies . They are reg. light perch rods , with a light spring from a Bic's lighter plugged into the tip . ....very sensitive , and the rod is heavy enough to handle larger fish . I like to use small tear drops with a real maggot . I hope I can find some live ones soon , they work for all pannies and trout love them too .

Archived