Ice Anchor Installation Tool

marktheperchman

i got a clam twin hub II ice shelter for christmas and it comes with ice anchors to keep it in place on windy days and when i searched online for the tool that goes on your drill to help install them i could only find them at basspro for 20 bucks with a delivery charge of 20 bucks. does anybody know if petes or any place around here has them

just predrill with a smaller drillbit. they will go in easy by hand

thanks mazz. i thought of doing that but if im gonna bring the drill anyway i might as well have the tool. i watched it done on youtube and they went in quite easy with the tool. anyways my daughter is headed up to barrie so i asked her to stop in at bass pro

I was going to say just some old fashioned elbow grease.

between dragging all my gear out there, setting up a hut and drilling holes to fish im not sure if i will have any elbow grease left lol. and im not getting any younger so im just looking for ways to make things easier

I bought 4 good quality ice anchors for my huts and they have a special point like a drill bit . I have no problem turning them with the large handles and point them towards the center of the hut , about 45* angle ......hope to be using them soon ! :Gonefishing:

psssst....don't buy those cheap China made ones at China Tire ...... they are "crappy" :santa:

I considered buying one of them Clam ice anchor tools for the drill, but everyone keeps complaining about them, they are just cheap plastic and a lot of them break during first use, save the $20.00.

By the way, if you have a pain the arse of a time using the Clam anchors that came with you're hub shelter, then purchase anchors from Eskimo, they go in easier.

I considered buying one of them Clam ice anchor tools for the drill, but everyone keeps complaining about them, they are just cheap plastic and a lot of them break during first use, save the $20.00.

By the way, if you have a pain the arse of a time using the Clam anchors that came with you're hub shelter, then purchase anchors from Eskimo, they go in easier.

I have the Eskimo ones , about 7" long with strong handles , use a little force to start them and the rest is easy as they bite there own way into the ice.

Was at "Bass Poo" Yesterday. Bought the three man Clam hut and the anchors that came with it were quality steel. Headed straight to Cooks Bay and headed out on the ice. Sunk em in by hand with no problems at all and still had energy for our manual

auger and this was after walking a kilometer and a half pulling a sled over the ice and snow. All I'm hearing here is "whaaaaa" :tease:

Was at "Bass Poo" Yesterday. Bought the three man Clam hut and the anchors that came with it were quality steel. Headed straight to Cooks Bay and headed out on the ice. Sunk em in by hand with no problems at all and still had energy for our manual

auger and this was after walking a kilometer and a half pulling a sled over the ice and snow. All I'm hearing here is "whaaaaa" :tease:

i didnt hear any crying. did anybody else? just looking for info and product reviews. is there a better place to find these things out. i dont think so

I'm just teasing Mark. If they came with cheap plastic ones then I can see there being an issue but if they are steel there is a very minimal amount of "elbow grease" required.

I have had a similar one for years now. Get the steel ice anchors, Hi Tec made some cheap nice ones, if it is really windy anchor the 4 corners and then have a guide wire from the 2 sides into the wind and you will have no issues. I have been out in some pretty hefty winds and been warm and cozy in the shelter

Archived