Dumping Garbage

Megafish

Whoever was responsible for the garbage left at the gate at Millers marina yesterday you know who you are I picked it up after you next time it'll be a phonecall , trout guts and 2 bags of garbage I can show you where garbage goes. You are ruining it for those who respect the niagara parks and do clean up after theirselves including your ignorant mess.

http://www.niagararegion.ca/government/bylaws/pdf/WasteManagementBy-law2012-01-19.pdf

Nothing new here ....wherever crowds of anglers fish , all seasons , the garbage will gather . It looks worse on the ice as it's easier to see . Some of the garbage is left by non anglers such a hockey players etc.left on the ice . There's nothing much we can do about the trash people , they probably trash everywhere they go & the written laws are a waste of paper . I have resorted to picking up fishing line only for concern for our wildlife .

:slap:I think a oldschool ass kicking like dad used to give would be in order here! But that wouldn't be nice or perfectly fairlike we have to be now.

It's been 40 years since my first garbage clean up in the Don Valley. We are still picking up after our fellow man. Truth is there will always be slobs. There will always be whiners and complainers. There will always be those who care enough to do something about it. At Martindale we have sloppy ice fishermen, and hockey slobs and a shoreline covered in plastic bottles left behind by athletes and hikers. Each less than thoughtful group likes to pin the blame elsewhere. Just the way it is.

All a conscientious individual can do is there best and carry on. You make a difference even if you don't see it at times. Consider how bad itmight get if we all stopped caring.

It's been 40 years since my first garbage clean up in the Don Valley. We are still picking up after our fellow man. Truth is there will always be slobs. There will always be whiners and complainers. There will always be those who care enough to do something about it. At Martindale we have sloppy ice fishermen, and hockey slobs and a shoreline covered in plastic bottles left behind by athletes and hikers. Each less than thoughtful group likes to pin the blame elsewhere. Just the way it is.

All a conscientious individual can do is there best and carry on. You make a difference even if you don't see it at times. Consider how bad itmight get if we all stopped caring.

Well said

Well said

Yes , we can't change the slobs out there and it's frustrating to see the city/cops obviously don't want to waste time trying to catch people in the act . I suppose , if it's okay to toss butts all over the ice , then tossing a coffee cup is okay too . As bigugli said others also toss garbage ......but , when the garbage is fishing line , packages , or bait boxes , it makes anglers look like slobs .....very easy to see the source of that garbage . I've seen "anglers" haul a case of 24 beers to a fishing hole and leave the empties all over the place . Some of the intellectually challenged get their jollies breaking glass bottles. It's far easier to take the empties back & get some money for the next case . I'm in favour of a much larger deposit like 25 cents per bottle......or go to plastic bottles , at least they don't shatter .

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing erks me more than people leaving a mess when fishing. All this is going to lead to is spots being shut down making it harder and harder to fish from shore. Show some respect and clean up after your self

Exactly. Nice post bigugli

I work in peoples homes in the city and yes they are pigs. Just like we grew up nowing its wrong to litter they grew up in a s#^t pit and thats what they kno. I can post aome pix of there homes if you want

There is plenty of info re. fishing line , hooks and plastics etc. on line . P3Ta is pushing a bill (6080) re.fishing line & they have a lot of $$$ ( influence) to advance their cause . I would like to see a highlighted paragraph in the reg book on garbage left by anglers and hefty fines for the abusers .

http://www.helpwildlife.com/

Sad topic and it will never end.

We can put up a fence, lock gates or build a wall, these same people will find a new place to dump there garbage and fish.

It's no different driving down the highway and the car in front of you puts the window and tosses something out the window!! I see this all the time.

I bet, you can go to there house and eat of the floor!!!

Sad topic and it will never end.

We can put up a fence, lock gates or build a wall, these same people will find a new place to dump there garbage and fish.

It's no different driving down the highway and the car in front of you puts the window and tosses something out the window!! I see this all the time.

I bet, you can go to there house and eat of the floor!!!

No you can't!

These types are just as disgusting indoors as they are outdoors. I've helped friends clear out rental units after tenants have left. In one house, a sea of garbage and debris 2ft thick in the basement. In another, close to $100 in beer empties all over the house. In 2 others we had to strip out all the drywall because the place was so disgusting, and black mould was forming everywhere on the walls. The same people who also never pick up after their dogs or dump their old motor oil down the storm drains.

A big problem with little resolution seen on every form. The offenders will always offend. Last week fished IBP 90 ft of water on the trip back filled a large garbage bag, unbelievable. half of what was picked up was in the parking lot 100 feet from a garbage can!! also see the same issue along the side of the road where people leave their garbage that would piss me off if I was the home owner and people wonder why there is no parking around our recreational areas

Drives me nuts. not complaining, bring a garbage bag, pickup, save our natural resources

Archived