Two Questions... Best Memory Of Last Year... And Goal For This Year?

MOE FISHIN

Hey everybody,

Since it looks like the weather is going to land lock us for a few days, I thought we could talk fishing over the weekend.

TWO questions:

1. What was your best memory from last year?

2. What is your number one goal for this year?

For me:

1. Watching my kids (12 and 10) catch and release a 3.5 pd smallie...all on their own. (Me catching a two pounder was fun too... only because it came after a 30 hour cold streak.)

2. Fishing in a tournament for the first time. (See above: re: cold streak) Can't wait to learn a few new tips from some new people.

Tight lines in the New Year!

Looks like you and I have the same priorities Moe!!

Spent 2 days off mid week at the trailer this summer (instead of weekend)..And fishing the Welland River with the wife and kids ( 8 and 12) both days no one else around.By the end they put their own worms on and took the fish off themselves. As a group we caught easily over 100 fish in the 2 days ..Sunfish,bass,pearch,shad,goby and possible walleye..Didn't matter all were fun!

Goal is to make more memories fishing with the kids and possible a tourney for me as well.

Last year me and my tournament partner placed in the top 20 at the help a child smile tournament.

This year I'm hoping for a top 10 in a big tournament, a top 3 in a club tournament and big fish (missed it by .2 oz last year at a tournament)

Every fishing year is full of great memories. Lots of fish and friends. Outside of fishing, it would be the roadtrip the Mrs and I took to North Bay.

My goal for the New Year is always the same. Fish new waters, meet new people, and introduce some kids to the sport of fishing.

1. the birth of my little angel Lillyanna

2. getting a vasectomy!

Almost lost my coffee on that one ! Glad to see getting the boys trimmed is a "best" memory ....... :rolleyes:

It's hard to pinpoint one day on the water . I had a great day catching carp at the 12 Mile one day as they were hitting hard and were hungry ! Another day on the 12 , the bass were hitting almost every cast ....but there were no trophy's for me in 2012 . This year , I would like to smash the 30# mark and catch a big carp ! ( got a new net just for that )

The best memory, was hearing a guy call rod coming down at the Ganaraska Pier....watching it get dragged out to the lake....then watching my buddy hook the rod and fight the rod and salmon pulling it out to the lake before his line snapped and the rod continued out towards the lake. :roflblack:

Number one goal for this year - Steel on the spey rod, and real dedication to fishing it hard and leaving the float rod at home ( when possible ) you notice I added that !!!!

we did a number of road trips this year which were memorable for a number of reasons but fish-wise:

1) atlantic salmon and steelhead on the fly in the soo rapids;

13July0128inchAtlantic56_zpsf9ba229f.jpg

13July01Steelhead0243_zpsb11f5fd0.jpg

2) striped bass in boston and cape cod - 36" pb + multiple 32"+ and a nice 30" blue fish out of the surf during tropical storm andrea (i drove too far to let a little rain get in the way of fishing);

13Jun0836inStriperQuincyHarbour_zps6d245

13Jun07CapeCodSurfcastingBluefish_zpscff

3) return trip to cape cod with the fly rods for multiple schoolie bass (20+) and blue fish out beyond the outer banks of monomoy.

13Sept01Striperonafly02_zps6930d17a.jpg

p.s. we're going back to the cape this year. didn't know what we were missing!

Archived