Home Grown

hammercarp

So true ........we have had our share of poison spilled into our rivers and lakes like the Spanish River (years ago) .Will oil pipelines be the next ones?

Far as I can recall, not a year goes by where big industry does not dump into our waters. Usually it happens a few times a year here in Canada. Sometimes the government even gives the industry a permit. With the Federal "watering" down of our waterway protection. Get used to seeing more and more toxic cesspools leaching into the water table.

So true ........we have had our share of poison spilled into our rivers and lakes like the Spanish River (years ago) .Will oil pipelines be the next ones?

I remember the EB Eddy pulp spill in the early 80's. Wiped out the walleye fishery for a few years. I was living in the Soo back then. From what I understand the river has recovered nicely.

Far as I can recall, not a year goes by where big industry does not dump into our waters. Usually it happens a few times a year here in Canada. Sometimes the government even gives the industry a permit. With the Federal "watering" down of our waterway protection. Get used to seeing more and more toxic cesspools leaching into the water table.

Yes .....and lakes rendered wildlife absent . We have lost a good portion of industrial/manufacturing plants that now do their planet destruction in China etc. I suppose it could be worse if they were still operating . We lose the jobs but get cleaner air & water .....fair trade ?

• 3 weeks later...

Always check the guide for eating fish before you keep any crappies out of there. The pollution has migrated and settled in the river where the water flow is slower..

Archived