What To Do On A Cold Winter's Day

bigugli

Even the dogs don't want to be out more than 10 minutes.

Me, I'm sitting here painting hundreds of jigs and tying harnesses.

DSCN4167_zpscb523f9f.jpg

Once this batch is done I can start on some crappie jigs for the spring arsenal.

Nice eye candy Bruce . I hope they smell as good as they look !

I braved the cold and played outside today , dug out the old smerch shack and put some new wider longer skis on it . Wind blew so hard the 1" x 2" ridge pole snapped in half & it collapsed .....new 1" x 8' dowel pole tomorrow !

You should try a piece of aluminum of the appropriate dimensions. Strong, light and would take near a blizzard to take it down. Also aluminum is cheap.

Try this place: http://www.metalsupermarkets.com/metals/consumer-guide/aluminum/
No minimum order. You could likely pick up a piece the right size for under 20$

The hollow tube with an appropriate wall thickness would be stronger than solid bar.

You should try a piece of aluminum of the appropriate dimensions. Strong, light and would take near a blizzard to take it down. Also aluminum is cheap.

Try this place: http://www.metalsupermarkets.com/metals/consumer-guide/aluminum/

No minimum order. You could likely pick up a piece the right size for under 20$

The hollow tube with an appropriate wall thickness would be stronger than solid bar.

Thanks for the tip , I didn't know where to buy an aluminum pole so I went to Home Hardware & got a 10' x 3/4"I.D. conduit pipe ( $6 ) which is a little weak in the center , very light yet strong . I will put a piece of rod inside to reinforce the center . ....probably use some Dollar store bamboo inside . (Scottish side of me) . Hoping for a test run to Rennie, hopefully before July or when the wind finally dies !

Archived