Anyone Install Led Bulbs In There Home...?

canadianfcat

Well with the hydro rates in Ontario I figured I'd spend a bit of $$ and buy leds for the higher traffic areas in my house.

Has anyone done this and noticed a difference?

I bought mine directly for good old China as "I think" they were a lot cheaper..10 halogen type for pot lights was $35 and about $4 each for 12w Cob style regular bulbs.

Wondering about your experience or opinions?

They last way longer than the CFL crap you can buy. We test purchased 3 with a dimmer for LED's and they are still going for the last 4 years. Back then they were 20 bucks each plus.

LT,

Hope you're finally over your cold(s)

We have a large stash of the old style bulbs from 40W to100W . They burn a little more but are easier on the environment . Using less hydro doesn't mean "better" ,so I'll stick with the old cheapies . Using dimmer switches gives the old bulbs a much longer life.

have to admit they last a heck of a lot longer. 4 years on the kitchen bulbs. Judy bought a pack of old style bulbs. Sylvania soft white, lasting all of 2 weeks at a shot. made in China.

Made in China is the problem . Most of the electrical stuff sold at C.T .or home Hardware etc. is made in China (including the new "cheap" dimmer switch) . It is not designed to last . They are smart & know we will be buying more crap soon ......just part of our disposable plastic society . My 3 bathroom lights are over 3 years old & still glowing . They are 60 watts each , but the dimmer switch keeps them running for years at a lower level .

• 2 weeks later...

I bought some LED outdoor coach lights from costco last year. They only have three little light emitters in them but man are they bright. I don't worry too much about leaving them on now, and that adds a little bit of security. I just read an article about some company that is selling a 100w comparable LED bulb for just under $20. That's been the goal for a couple of years they said., I think that's USD.

Archived