Pike Seasons..

fishnhunt

I was just browsing through the reg's and noticed that Zone 19 (Lake Erie and Upper River) DO NOT have a closed season on Pike...they are open all year...whereas Zone 20 (Lake Ont. and Lower River) close from March 31 to first Saturday in May... You would figure that these zones would have similar seasonal restrictions??...Please correct me if I have misinterpreted this information..

I fish for pike locally in zones 16 (Rennie Park) ,and 20 ( L.Ont.) . Zone 16 is closed until the 2nd Sat. in May & zone 20 until the 1st Sat . in May ......two different season openers with only a road separating the two .... :Gonefishing:

A topic like this makes me wonder why the MNR has gone away with the hard copy of the Regulations because of all the different zones and regulations...... I found both last year up north near the cottage, I prefer to have a new version (hard copy) with me in the truck and boat..... This way you can always DBL check it before or during your outings........ Rather be safe then sorry.........

And right there RAUMASTER good pike action on the bay and around bluff bar........

A topic like this makes me wonder why the MNR has gone away with the hard copy of the Regulations because of all the different zones and regulations...... I found both last year up north near the cottage, I prefer to have a new version (hard copy) with me in the truck and boat..... This way you can always DBL check it before or during your outings........ Rather be safe then sorry.........

And right there RAUMASTER good pike action on the bay and around bluff bar........

I luckily managed to snag a new hard copy version of the reg's...I like hitting up the Marina's after ice out (casting the docks)..and then moving to the bays..now are the marinas considered inland waters..or part of the lake??

I luckily managed to snag a new hard copy version of the reg's...I like hitting up the Marina's after ice out (casting the docks)..and then moving to the bays..now are the marinas considered inland waters..or part of the lake??

would all depend on the surrounding area. Typical rules are follow the shoreline.

now are the marinas considered inland waters..or part of the lake??

As long as the marina is in the main lake or river specified in the regs.

ie; Millers Creek Marina on the Upper River is part of the Upper Niagara/Lake Erie zone.

Only thing that will affect the regs are fishing sanctuaries, which are closed off for all fishing.

Yes LPB is Long Point Bay..... Fish Bluffs bar, weed beds usually south side of Bay, but you can get into them pretty much anywhere any time.... Temps obviously will help them be active........ Troll or drift for them..........Try a site called Stomps of Erie and you get better INFO on what's happening and where,,,,,,,,Cheers

Archived