Chat Fly Fishing-Save Other Thread From Tangents And Hijacking

schnipster

How as the fishing in the Norval area Dave? Buddy's been telling me to come there and try it.

I was on the east end as well on Friday night. Fishing wasn't as good as I hoped it would be but we landed a few. It was good to see that most of the people were fishing the pools and not the redds.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How as the fishing in the Norval area Dave? Buddy's been telling me to come there and try it.

I was on the east end as well on Friday night. Fishing wasn't as good as I hoped it would be but we landed a few. It was good to see that most of the people were fishing the pools and not the redds.

Bowmanvulle was killer for me and my crew...we banged so many fish with lots being fresh fish as well as drop backs. The credit started out great nailed a monster buck first thing on tandem 6mil beadz....then i busted the rest of the day. My brother hooked 9 fish with a couple coming from each pool. Tons of fish on the beds still with the odd loogan pulling them off. Thats a crime man....glad is raining all week to give the fish a chance. Do you know Rogue or Jameel Brian?? Or Dominic?? You probably know them...good friends of my brothers....we fished the east with them. My brother was hitting all his fish on the peach/clear 10 mil beads....my luck was just the one in the morning even after switching to the same beads. I gave them all lessons at Bowmanville though on brown roe...lol small bags was doing it for me...lol. The crowds were not bad at all...i held one hole all morning with no need to move until 11 then moved down were my buddy was doing well on char beads. Fun weekend...im exhausted!!! Next week....if and when water drops the bottom end should be good for drop backs. Im glad its raining all week...keep the rapists away!!! I might go after work next week maybe see you tbere??

its cool bro just curious of the region--nice piece of water...man i am pumped i aded another LOOP rod to the family tonight--bought a 9 wwt pike booster rod----bring on the predators!

I know Dominic (friend of a friend). We fished together a couple times. He's almost always on the water.

I'm not sure where I'm going this coming weekend yet; usually cant make up my mind until the last minute. Thinking about trying Norval though. You drift boating it?

After that I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks so I won't be around till the end of May.

Im planning on the east if it dont rain to much to mess things up. My wife wants to test out her new gear...she has some decent waders and boots now so probably the best chances for her to hook something will be that way.

How did you guys make out Schip ? We were east of dufs, next trib past. Fish are dropping quick, but still plenty of action around. We get much more rain this week and its see ya later. Im going to try a local trib this week on the fly...going in with the attitude Im working on my casting with no expectations...who knows maybe I will surprise myself. I bet CC never showed up?

CC was there my friend...he always makes the trip..just gotta get the plans cemented. lots of fish i caught nothing, i did however lose enough flies .if you hit the trees at the big D you willl find all sorts lol

Well....did what i figured id do....lost about 5 flys and stuck one in the back of the hood on my jacket. I was casting fine and maybe getting over confident when i made a mistake placing my anchor...bingo. good thing it was my hood and not my head. Big lesson learned with that...im going to be very attentive to my anchor from now on. Even after lessons and being told that i can see the importance.

loop booster, hardy UL 8000 dd with SA textured mastery titan taper 9wt line......GRRRRR ---PIKE BASS--consider yourself warned

To counter that purchase I'm going to try to find myself an Eagle Claw Featherlight and a Pflueger Medalist.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. This place is dead.

Got out yesterday for about an hour trying for pike in a local creek. Not a sniff (i blame the water clarity, or lack clarity), but was good to get out and try some flies from over the winter. Also found a spot I plan on hitting in the summer for smallmouth. Need to get me a Featherlight before then though.

I was set on a trip to Ashland Oregon to visit some family. Have never been to Oregon, but had been reading plenty on the great spring and early summer runs on the Rogue. We even had a place picked out right on the river in a prime steelhead drift that had me pretty excited. My wife not having travel documents awaiting her Canadian citizenship paper work and last minute forced change of plans has put that on hold to possibly next year. I was like the goodyear guy, before I was quickly deflated with the news it wont happen this year. My street is also torn up for new road/ watermains / services so my drift boat is locked in the driveway as well really putting a damper on plans...I did get out last week and hooked some steel floating in a smaller east trib. I guess for me bass fishing the grand on the fly might be my next adventure, although I do have some plans for pike as well at a couple of places.

My self I have been waiting for the water to clear up as Ive had trouble fishing everywhere due to water clarity haha, I am going hunting for pannies tomorrow night, never targeted them on the fly. Hoping to catch a lot more fish on the fly this year, only caught bass and carp last year but was just learning.

• 2 weeks later...

Its that time of year....Salmon and Steelhead done, Bass not open yet. Mind you, I did hook double digit steelies this year May 28th at the big "D" in the east. Im waiting for Bass to open and I will be swinging for those. Did a investigative trip with my drift boat, last week and seen lots of BIG bass on the beds. I know the river a little better and Im itching to get back out on opener. My wife is blowing me away with her spey casting...shes got it down bigtime. Next time out I will film her...El Natural !!! LOL

Archived