Last Blast

smerchly

I had a blast again today , fishing for carp ....no pigs but got 5 carp from 8 to 16 lbs . I wanted to try another rig using an small piece of elastic band as a corn stopper . It worked like a charm ! I still used the 20# mono for the hooks which pushes itself through the canned corn easily , then tie on the band & trim it like you would do with a float stop . Here's the rig that worked very well ....make sure the elastic band on the hair is very tight ....none came off .

SAM_4430.JPG

....the biggest piggy of the day .....

SAM_4431.JPG

This little guy was about my feet for a while , picking up bits of corn & licking my throw spoon ....nice little fella ....

SAM_4428.JPG

So , I think I'll give the carp a rest for a while ......one actually put my back out a tad while lifting it awkwardly in the net . The bite started out slow since the big thunderstorm , and the water was a little muddier and higher . The first carp was caught in about 40 minutes . The bite kept getting better and by noon they were hitting better , but doing a lot of "mouthing " before bending the rod . Next venture , either pike or perch ....will have to start snoopin ....... :Gonefishing:

Good stuff as usual smerchly always enjoy reading your posts! I'm patiently waiting for bass to open that's my new venture can't wait!

Great pics and post again Smerch! Not a 'traditional' hair-rig but it sure proved it's worth.

Sounds like you're going to have to rest your back after netting some of those big boys, eh. So time to start chasing those other scrawny little species fisheman seem to like. (lol)

Hey smerch, great post as usual. You sue know how to get the piggies to bite. Unlike me who gets the carp to mouth but not take.

If your looking for pike feel free to pm me and we can take on the hammerhandles. I know a good spot thats easy to fish

Great pics and post again Smerch! Not a 'traditional' hair-rig but it sure proved it's worth.

Sounds like you're going to have to rest your back after netting some of those big boys, eh. So time to start chasing those other scrawny little species fisheman seem to like. (lol)

no not a proper hair rig Mike .....I like to experiment with baits & tackle . That hook is not a carp hook but it was recommended I try it for keeping corn directly on the hook as I used for non hair rig use . The hooks are sharp but not too strong ....I think a big girl could bust that hook . and yes , My back , my wrist, my elbow , my shoulder all took a beating after about 20 of those carposaurouses got their revenge on smercho the carp whisperer ! :D

Jordan .....sounds like a plan . I can get some nice fat chubs for bait ....love using them under the float . ....will try Martindale soon . :Gonefishing:

Archived