Charles Daley This Weekend ?

FamilyFisher

Hey guys, I just started really fishing last year but trying to get into different fish then just what ever jumps on my line. Tried Carp fishing a couple weekends ago here and didn't catch anything in four hours then some guy dragged my line into a snag. Was wondering if anyone was going out this weekend for some carp ??

Personaly, I have had more luck fishing Jordan than Charles Daily when it comes to Carp.. you'll also get good Catfish there too.. Worms, Corn, or Bread balls work well for me.. Fish on the West side under the Highway and South into Jordan

I've had better luck at the Harbour than Charles Daley aswell. The last time me and a buddy went to CDP , we had 8 people within 5 feet of us after we caught a carp. We then packed up and went to a different spot. CDP can become a zoo very quickly. (Although that's just my personal Expierence).

I was going to venture under the highway but I didn't know if there was like a flat bank to put my chair on and set up my alarms

There are a lot of places to set up on the Jordan side

There are a lot of places to set up on the Jordan side

I have caught all my carp from the large rocks on the harbour side ( north shore) ,and most others also caught carp on from rocks on both sides of the bridge . There are probably carp passing through the harbour ,to or from the lake , with spots to set up a chair etc., but I find the rocky/sandy bottom holds a lot of gobies which will eat your baits . When fishing carp at CDP , try the lake side if not to choppy ....some big carp cruising the shoreline . Good fishin ! :Gonefishing:

( I can't fish for a spell .....gall bladder acting up again ....2 days in hospital (nightmare) & need to see doc., then surgeon probably ) The new hospital has MUCH to be desired when it comes to emerg. care!

Damn Smerch, hope you feel better soon, I'll be missing your comments!

Not to worry Bubba lol I can still read & comment on the forum , even the same day of the surgery (they say) . I'm basically on a liquid diet and I'm slowly introducing more solids . I'll have to cook fish without oil (BBQ , oven etc) .....haven't had a coffee in 3 days , ....love that broth :rolleyes: ... and a cracker ! Drinking a home made smoothie right now . I hope to start fishing the 12 when I can .....and thanks for your concern Bubbs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Charles Daley Park is where I have caught many carp of nice size and a few giants. I weighed up someone's carp on the East side once at about 25 lbs. Early Spring I take my kayak through the pads and weeds and I see hundreds of 1ft-2ft long carp munching away at the pads. Its exciting to watch them splash me as I drift quietly through their spots. Sometimes I see 10 carp at once flee the scene and create a creepy woosh in the water.
CDP is my favourite spot for carp but when the families come out it can get a bit crowded. Avoid weekends. CDP is a great spot to introduce kids to fishing because you're almost guaranteed a fish for them to get excited about.

Also I seem to get hit big at about 1-3pm there in the spring. Sometimes I will sit all morning and pull in a few kittens and then randomly after lunch I will see a carp.

CDP is my go-to carp location because there are two creek sides and a massive beachfront to fish. The East beach used to be open to vehicles, which was amazing backing your vehicle up to your spot, but its closed now for unknown reasons (anyone know why?).

I think as it shallows at CDP the fish become scarce and find colder water. So there is only a certain time to fish that area.

Catch a carp from a kayak, totally new experience!

As far as bait goes I have always used corn there and I just chum with corn in my slingshot.

Archived