Roundup Ready Corn

spiro

There was a study I read years ago from an itialian scientist that did some long term research on the effects of Roundup ready corn fed to rats. It was a really good read and was only available for 3 days. I recently found out the article was attached by a anonymous review panel (Monsanto paid) and removed from publication. Well the study is finally back up for peer review. Here is the link, an interesting read.

Background of removal of the article

http://www.motherearthnews.com/nature-and-environment/roundup-study-zbfz1407zjhar.aspx?newsletter=1&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=HE+eNews&utm_campaign=07.14.14+HE&utm_content=Split+B

Actual article

http://www.enveurope.com/content/26/1/14

Mike

Sadly, roundup ready crops have been around for a long time. Big industry just continually gets away with it. Folks buy it because it is cheaper.

I'm very proud of the fact I, and several friends, do not use GM type seeds, preferring heirloom varieties of vegetable, and failing that, a safe cross pollinated cultivar.

Not as easy to do as it sounds. Even harder to make money doing so. Especially when you pair that set of choices to a commitment to not use pesticides.

Right in my own back yard I have noticed a big drop in honey bees . First it was the pussy willow tree when the buds blossomed which normally attracts hundreds of bees ......them the apple tree blossomed and very few bees attended ......and now my yard is full of clover flowers and virtually no bees in sight . I'm sure my apple yield will be much less this year . I believe pesticides & other chemicals are killing off our bees ... Big food companies only care about creating that perfect looking fruit or vegetable , just like the meats we buy that have all kinds of "extras" in them . They say we are living longer these days .....well , those that are now 80-100 years old ate purer food in their younger days . Lets see how many die before they collect their government pensions ( in about 20 years or so) now that they have raised the age to 67 . It's a win /win for them as we pay into it for years and may not ever receive a dime ......

That decline in the bee population is directly linked to a new generation of pesticides, " NeoNicotinoids " very harmful to bee populations. At least the Europeans have been smart enough to ban their use.

That decline in the bee population is directly linked to a new generation of pesticides, " NeoNicotinoids " very harmful to bee populations. At least the Europeans have been smart enough to ban their use.

The man I buy my raw honey from has already run out of honey , hope he gets a new batch soon.......I bought some honey from the Bulk Barn which they sell by the pound , kept warm in large stainless steel vats . It is far better tasting than the stuff Walmart sells.....

My old man used to raise bees, we have had 4 hives collapse in the last 6 years of his life. The bees just leave the hive, they do not swarm, one by one they leave and do not come back.

Thats funny you guys talking about the bees but not funny

my buddies neighbor had his hives out for years every time you drive

by you can see them flying around but this year nothing one day my

buddy noticed him taking the boxes down so he wen't over and the guy

told him that the queen bee and some of the worker bees just up and died he thinks what ever they are

bringing to the hive is killing them we always had bees in the back yard this year nothing the wife wanted to plant

some tomato plants i wound up pollinating the plants myself i almost pulled the plants out but i looked at them the other day and it worked

out tomatoes are growing

The people making them don't consider them errors. They are just acceptable side effects.

yes acceptable side effects that is destroying every thing that eats it but we eat or starve

so we just accept it.

Thats funny you guys talking about the bees but not funny

my buddies neighbor had his hives out for years every time you drive

by you can see them flying around but this year nothing one day my

buddy noticed him taking the boxes down so he wen't over and the guy

told him that the queen bee and some of the worker bees just up and died he thinks what ever they are

bringing to the hive is killing them we always had bees in the back yard this year nothing the wife wanted to plant

some tomato plants i wound up pollinating the plants myself i almost pulled the plants out but i looked at them the other day and it worked

out tomatoes are growing

Thankfully tomatoes don't need bees. We just go up and down the rows lightly tapping the plants with a stick once a week

Archived