Bass Pro Job Fair.

emenius

I have Sail opening in Cambridge, but im sticking to the small shops that offer personal service. I would rather support a small Canadian buisness that has worked hard to establish themselves.Done with basspro and thier deception with prices, and dont stock in Canada everything listed on its website....even though it says in stock does not mean stocked here in Canada. Found that out after a 2 hr drive to Vaughan Mills.

In that case they are probably good salespeople or eye candy. Bottom line is probably how much one can sell.

Got that right....its about how convincing you are and your sales ability. Bs, baffles brains...the rest can be coached to anyone with ambition. And as long as you have a bunch of pilons under you, the manager looks like a brainstorm of ideas...lol.

I went just because I am desperate for a job with full time employment. Got a second interview and things looked good. But not holding my breath. Would be pretty nice to hold a job where I can talk fishing all day and not get in trouble haha. But you are correct. Most bass pro employees learn the info by being told by the boss in charge and generally arnt all that informed otherwise.

Hey no harm in getting a job there. I doubt the talking fishing all day though...lol. Could be anything they have you doing. Good luck with the job Jordan!!! If you play stupid, youll probably get a promotion...hehe.

He won't be stealing stuff Cliff ....... :santa:

Nope ....haven't been there . With the high number of applications and resumes , one would think they would be able to choose people who have the most knowledge about fishing &/or hunting . I would be a natural shoo-in ....maybe a consultant job ? :rolleyes:

Bill you probably forgot more than most they hire....Toyota in Cambridge is the same....they would rather hire someone who worked in a donut shop, and condition thier brain to function like a robot.You go in there knowing anything best leave that at the door.

Ha.....I wouldn't last very long in any sales job ! The first customer who got "rude" would get an earful of "very rude" back at him/her .....and I would be fired real quick !

I hear you about the clueless sales people. Same with sail. Grand opening in burlington I asked one of the employees where the flipping jigs were and he looked at me like I had two heads then brought me to all their trolling stuff :dunno: . I then walked up to one of the jersey wearing prostaff's walking around (who DON'T work there) and it took him about a half second to point them out.

Am I the only one on here that realizes they don't sell just fishing stuff and hunting. Lol let the haters hate.but on the fishing hunting note I work at Dofasco full time and fishing world part time. So I am a small shop guy. But not everyone

is.Due to the fact that I require more knowledge based help when I shop due to my level of experience I will remain a small shop person and maybe check bass pro out. However bass pros of the world help introduce alot of family's fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, grandma's and grandchildren to the sport aswell. IMO that's great thing. Education on the fisheries begins with being involved. Later on when they progress they will become small shop guys to. Remember back when you started bet you went to Canadian tire. Things like bass pro don't hurt the little guy if anything they make us stand out due to our superior knowledge and relation to the sport itself. Also calling someone a pilon is arrogant and rude. Having met you Dave I know that is not the case with you. So I'll leave it like this. People get jobs to feed families and possibly pay for there schooling etc. So if they have to learn a new skill to do so maybe something that is foreign to them I say good job because in ontario it's just as easy to go on welfare and then we can flip the bill. So to the Tim Hortons people the burger flippers and the all around hard working person I thank you for trying something new and staying off the unemployment line in this province of debt and poverty.

Well said ......I can relate to that . One of my grand kids spent 6 grand to be a hairdresser and when he got his first job at a hair salon they told him to forget everything he learned . They would teach him how "they" do it ! And some day he hopes to be the boss in his own establishment . He is talented but it's too bad the pay isn't much higher than flipping burgers . Doing some side jobs pays better .......(similar to Fins post above) :)

Archived