French River Walleye

larry b

Where on the French were you fishing Larry ? Those pictures look so familiar . We used to go to Hartley Bay & stayed at the "Bee Hive" about 2 km away where the Wanapitei R. empties into the lake right in front of our rented cottage . We did ok on the eyes , and very well on the crappies .

I stayed at flat rapids camp !We caught around 40 walleye between the 4 of us on the weekend,a few smallmouth to which taste just as good !It was my 3rd trip there and have been happy with the fishing every time.Friendly people at the camp as the local guide showed my buddy where all the "spots" are when he bought the camp.

Where on the French were you fishing Larry ? Those pictures look so familiar . We used to go to Hartley Bay & stayed at the "Bee Hive" about 2 km away where the Wanapitei R. empties into the lake right in front of our rented cottage . We did ok on the eyes , and very well on the crappies .

I've been trying to tell those guys to try concentrating on crappie,much easier to get a fish fry but they're all hooked on walleye.They have caught small ones in minnow traps so they are in that section too.Maybe next year I'll go up in the spring with them and try n convince them again lol

Hey there are no walleye on the French river!!!!!

I'm kidding as I've yet to catch one up there. I've been going up for years and have not caught any.

hire a guide for a day,you won't regret it.It's tricky to fish as boat control and speed are critical in catching them in the current

Beautiful pictures and nice rewards. Fished the french a few times as well, never done any good either. Did have a blast cliff jumping though.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived