School's In - School's Out

iron1951

My son and I were fishing for perch out of PC today. When we were on a school of perch we were catching them. But when the school disappeared from the screen the perch stopped biting. Are there any tricks to being able to follow the schools around? To know which direction they went? This skill would be most useful when the schools are small.

Let one perch go ....tie a thin line to it & with about 50' of line & a large float......follow that float ! ------->>>> B)

Hate to say this but you'll have 2 floats. The other one is the Perch......LOL and that is if the seagull doesn't grab it.

Fe1951 you just have to keep moving. I know if you have an anchor that is not fun but it's called fishing not catching. :mellow: Sometimes just moving 10 feet here or there makes all the difference.

LT

Follow the contour lines on your chart if you fall off of them, also keep in mind the current. Look at your line and notice if it is straight up and down or not.

I do have a sidescan. Never have really used it. Does it work for fish? I thought it only picked up structure.

Was that a fish tug out on the lake outside PC on Monday?

yes that was a fish tug

when you find the fish shut all that electronic stuff offfffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!!!! really

Let one perch go ....tie a thin line to it & with about 50' of line & a large float......follow that float ! ------->>>> B)

love you smerch your the best lol

Buckshot, can you explain why the bow mount fish finder is better than the stern mount. Is your bow mount fish finder part of the trolling motor or a separate unit?

It only works well for soft water ........ :Gonefishing:

Oh my goodness I think that is the funniest thing I have ever read on this site .... I am still laughing....

As for the topic this was a good question.

I learned allot form the responses.

Cam

I'm a joker sometimes Cam ...glad you got a laugh from it . Hooked & I usually get together during the hard water season , hence the soft water/float thingy . And yes , lots of good info about keeping on the fish .....electronics is your best friend to find the school and find the rest of the class when they leave to look for tastier treats . Us shore guys do the same thing in a way ......may try different spots and depths to find them as they seem to be on the move constantly .

Buckshot, can you explain why the bow mount fish finder is better than the stern mount. Is your bow mount fish finder part of the trolling motor or a separate unit?

The bow mount trolling motor with foot pedal allows better boat control and using a seperate mounted find at the bow allows u to watch screen while using trolling motor to stay with the school and same time still have rod in hand

Archived