Help Cast Out Hunger

dr_feelgood

So doc...I guess the way it works, folks bring in donations (check expiry dates, please) and you will weigh the food and record those weights from 8am til 4pm. It's not about winning the reel, either. It's about making a difference in another person's life. I'll pledge 10 pounds of food to start things off. It will be at the scale at 8am. As the organizer of the Niagara Outdoor Show, I won't be eligible for the reel but I want to 'HELP CAST OUT HUNGER'.

What child do YOU know that deserves to go hungry? The reality is that there's many children haven't even eaten today. It's real people ! You bet your last lure that i will be there donating to this cause..if you dont think there's hungry kids in the Niagara region think again. Lets make a difference on NFN and show our support. I hope to see you there..

Cliff

A lot of families out there that can't make ends meet any more. Even smaller towns like Beamsville, Smithville, and Grimsby have hundreds of families relying on the support of community food banks These towns are fortunate in having a very strong community support network. A single day food drive in Beamsville draws in over 10,000 lbs every year. GBF, in conjunction with their community partners, does a fantastic job in providing support to the community. My family has volunteered extensively with the food drives over the years, and have seen, first hand the efforts put forward by these volunteer organizations. I will also tell you that when the Mrs and daughter were having serious health problems, including cancer, the GBF was there to help us out in a big way until we could get back on an even footing.

Sadly, larger towns like Thorold, St Catharines, and Ft Erie have even greater need, but don't have the same resources available.

For those of us that are unable to donate food (due to location) is there a way to donate cash to this, to purchase items or too donate directly to the food bank?

Thanks in advance

G

It could be mailed to me I guess. I have emailed Project Share as to who cheques should be made out to. Anyone wanting to make $$$ donations, PM me for address.

Cheques can be made out to "Project SHARE of Niagara Falls"

Thanks to Kyle from Johnston Lures!!! You'll get 10% off your purchase, provided you 'Help Cast Out Hunger' and donate some non-perishable food, next Sunday.

Stopped in at Rosehill Auction on Hi-way #3 in Fort Erie, today. I was looking to buy a scale for weighing food. Mary Passero, the owner, was working. She donated a new, digital, floor scale for Project Share. What a spontaneous, generous donation! Thanks, Mary!!!. I checked the scale at home and it's ready to go for Sunday.

I'd like to thank everyone who came by and donated. We raised $74 and around 50lbs of food for Project SHARE. Jay Booralli (sp) was the winner of the Quantum Aztec reel. Jay, I will be in contact with you Monday to make arrangements. A big thank-you to Bill Whitehead for letting me do this.

Archived