Fishing North Of Newmarket

Jmo1685

Hello Everybody,

I recently accepted a job offer with Toronto Region Conservation to be an Environmental Field Technician doing stream assessments in the GTA. This means I am moving out of the Niagara Region to live with my girlfriend in Udora ( 15 mins north of Uxbridge, and 30 mins north of Newmarket).

I was curious if anyone here has any experience fishing in Newmarket or north of Newmarket all the way to the south shore of Lake Simcoe. I've done some Google research, but I'm looking to see if anyone has any personal experience with fishing spots, or tackle stores. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I forgot to mention I'm limited to shore fishing only, and I am open to fish for any species.

Congrats on landing the job Jake ! Many of us would envy working in that field . You may find good fishing spots by asking the locals and bait-tackle shop operators . Keep in touch and let us know how the fishing goes......might be some big carp up that way . ;)

You have public access to the Holland marsh canals along Hwy #9 west of Newmarket.

Thanks Bruce ! I already had the Holland River / Marsh in my targets, so now this gives me a more specific place to look. :)

Congrats on landing the job Jake ! Many of us would envy working in that field . You may find good fishing spots by asking the locals and bait-tackle shop operators . Keep in touch and let us know how the fishing goes......might be some big carp up that way . ;)

Thanks Smerch :) The girlfriend hasn't caught a carp before and she's asking me to get her into some...I joined and asked on a different forum ( more local to the area) and they've pointed me in the direction of a few carp spots... one of them is supposed to have a few brutes swimming around. Im off to the feed store this weekend to pick up some feed corn in bulk. Going to soak it in some kind of flavouring (strawberry or pineapple are looking tasty to me) and then boil it to use as both chum and bait. I will definitely be making a few posts if I am successful on the long weekend !

Long ago I worked a summer for the South Lake Simcoe Conservation Authority, used to be lot of specs in the headwaters of the Pefferlaw River, note that no feeder creek was to small to hold fish, don't be afraid of real skinny little creeks.

Long ago I worked a summer for the South Lake Simcoe Conservation Authority, used to be lot of specs in the headwaters of the Pefferlaw River, note that no feeder creek was to small to hold fish, don't be afraid of real skinny little creeks.

My girlfriend lives about a 10 min walk from some of the headwaters.... I'll be bringing the ultralight along on a hike and see if I can find some. I know we've hiked past the small creek before and I thought to myself that it looked like a brookie stream.

My girlfriend lives about a 10 min walk from some of the headwaters.... I'll be bringing the ultralight along on a hike and see if I can find some. I know we've hiked past the small creek before and I thought to myself that it looked like a brookie stream.

I fished a bit upstream from Udora , a fav spot was where it crossed the road going through Mt Albert and upstream from there.

Archived