New Traffic Rules - Sept 1 ...

Snags

I agree with the distracted driving one to many people on there phone as for the bike one them guys and gals tick me off to no

end as they block the road even when there is a bike lane there for them they should be getting a fine for this if caught riding in

the middle of the street or even being on the street when a bike lane is there and as for the crosswalk i love how it's the drivers fault

when there is so much J walking and wearing head sets as they walk or even texting as they are walking start going after these people

Texting while driving is just plain dangerous since your eyes are not on the road . I've seen bikers texting & wearing head phones....prime candidates for the Darwin awards . I heard the crosswalk law doesn't apply to lighted intersections ....only regular corners and school cross walks . Because of new technology , people will get addicted to their phones and people will die.....so , new rules will have to be made in order to help stave off the carnage on the roads ....This past week has been bad for motor cycle deaths and other accidents locally . Talking on the phone is not as dangerous ....truckers have been doing it for years .

I nearly smoked a lady in a parking lot today, she was walking through it texting away. Well correction she almost walked into my car while I was stopped waiting for her to get out of the middle of the row in the parking lot.

Smerch talked to a police officer and in a lighted intersection it used to be half way across and now you have to wait until they are all the way across.

That is probably right captn ....I heard a guy on the radio talk about a lighted intersection which is 7 lanes wide with many pedestrians crossing there , it would be impossible to make a right turn before the light changed . I can see trouble with this law....

What gets me upset, is the idiots that cross on the flashing red hand at intersections. I guess your too blind to see a red flashing hand?? Was making a left turn on a green with red flashing hand and halfway into my turn I had to lock up the brakes for some clown crossing the street putting myself in jepordy of oncoming traffic.

What gets me upset, is the idiots that cross on the flashing red hand at intersections. I guess your too blind to see a red flashing hand?? Was making a left turn on a green with red flashing hand and halfway into my turn I had to lock up the brakes for some clown crossing the street putting myself in jepordy of oncoming traffic.

All the time Dave j walkers and they just take there time crossing

Left town this morning we just had road work done they put in a bike lane and had 3 bikers all on the street not one was in the bike lane

and they just won't move over until i hit the horn until they finely got over and i shouted to them to get in the bike lane and as ignorant as they are

they just waved at me with a smile as soon as i past them they set them selves up for the next driver

Some lights in London are set up so that you can only cross half the street before the flashing red hand appears.

My understanding is the flashing red mean you don't enough time to completely cross the street so don't start across. It means nothing if you are in the process of crossing.

Archived