Gibson Lake

YoungYakker

You know the large waterway and pond called lake gibson that you pass by if you are driving on the 406? I want to know if there is an area there that you can kayak? In the area I see signs for no trespassing, there has to be a spot that doesn't. The fishing looks good in there! I need to feel confident in safe travels though before I go. Anyone have thoughts?

Gibson can be fished from shore but know the area you are in, chances are if there is a sign and a current you should not be fishing there.

For Gibson it all depends on the security guard on duty, some care more than others, some will ask you to leave some will call the NRP.

The 12 Mile Creek will be next on their hit list ....... and part of the problem is people will sue at the drop of a hat if there's an opportunity , and also the garbage left by care-less individuals .......

As for kayaking or canoeing in Gibby , there are some spots that would be dangerous .....Beaverdams road has an unmarked spot where water flows under the road just east of where they have replaced the bridge . ...not a good spot to fall in . Some spots have fast water , but no more dangerous than Port Dal. or not even close to the Niagara River . I have fished Gibson and Moodie for over 60 years and never heard of a drowning , but several have drowned in the 12 . Sad to see all the new no trespassing signs ......

edit......I was at Marlatts Rd. yesterday , looking around (lurking) ......and these sign are posted there ......It looks to me like it may be ok to shore fish , but no going out on the ice for any reason . Other signs may specify no water craft of any kind , I'll have to check next time ......

SAM_6397.JPG

Archived