Bassin For Trout

Bass-turd

Was out at jordan harbour soaking in the sun, casting some tubes for late season smallmouth from the rocks near the marina mouth, when after my second cast I saw a flash come after my tube after I popped it. The fish swiped a second time and I noticed it was a nice rainbow.

This isn't the first time this has happened to me, last year in the last few days of august I was casting a white 5" senko for bass when a nice 6-7Lb rainbow nailed it, was a nice surprise to catch.

Just wondering if this happens often to any other anglers fishing for bass in lake o, or next time I target trout should I just bring my bass plastics?

4" bass tubes in white or chartreuse have saved many a day for me. They work best in the stained water when fish are tight to shore. Just drag then slow along the drop offs. There's nothing else you can work that slow along the edges. Also the 2" crappie tubes can be killer under a float when waters crystal.

Makes perfect sense as just a few days ago my cousin fishing a erie trib and landed a very plump rainbow and as he held it for the picture he noticed it was spitting up goby after goby. so in this evidence we can say that tubes will indeed pick up rainbow as they are feeding on gobies. and as for browns they pretty much eat anything, used (peter covers) work great lol.haha

Archived