Trout Opener

BigFish85

Zippo for 4 of us on the upper grand. Water crystal clear and much the same for all the others.Did see one landed on a san juan worm by a guy indicator fishing. Never made it out sunday too tired. Guys i know fishing east creeks said it was very slow with few fish landed. Much as suspected, was our reason for opting for the upper grand for browns.

I got out with a few guys ( yrly outing ) we always start in Bowmanville and this year it seemed a lot colder than normal ( maybe its an age thing ) anyways, I landed 3. nice ones using worms. By the time it started warming up the bite was off. Did not see many caught so we headed to the Ganny for the afternoon. My partner landed 3 I how ever, never got bit.I plan on heading back Wed, with less people on the river I can fish the drifts with more confidence.....anyways thats the plan.

headed east tomorrow for the weekend...bringing everything, worms, roe, beads, beers. whisky, gloves.

Sounds like the only thing your forgetting is the kitchen sink... ;)

But seriously, heard east was best for opener.

I headed to my dad's in palmerston it's by lake conestogo wad hoping to hit come creeks I notice but from what I understand anything upstream from conestogo to Woolwich is ony single barb less hooks and only c and r anyone know aNY thing in the area I can maybe find some dinner

I headed to my dad's in palmerston it's by lake conestogo wad hoping to hit come creeks I notice but from what I understand anything upstream from conestogo to Woolwich is ony single barb less hooks and only c and r anyone know aNY thing in the area I can maybe find some dinner

You can try new hamburg. Not fished there....but what im told steelhead make it up there. Mcdonalds fillet-O-fish...lol

Archived