A Few Fish To Start The Spring

Jmo1685

Hey Guys,

So with the beautiful weather we've been having this spring, I have been scouting a few new fishing spots, and managed to get into a few fish these last couple of weeks ! I managed these 3 carp in only about 10 hours of fishing, once the water gets even warmer, the bigguns oughtta be more active. 

Here is my 1st carp of the year ! Scrappy 3 pounder!  photo Firemans April 24_zpse45yunxt.jpg

Next up, a really short, yet chunky fish around the 7 pound mark!  photo Norton May 4_zpsdmdsceqb.jpg And lastly, a very dark and strong 12 pounder.  photo Norton May 4 2_zpscgyvbchu.jpg All of these fish were taken on maize (with a new flavour I have found that's working extremely well)

Thanks Gunner. They were all caught in quite shallow water. The bottom 2 are from a pond with crystal clear water, I essentially stalk them around the pond, throw a handful of chum and then watch them take my bait and bolt off. Really gets the adrenaline up seeing a fish inhale your bait in front of your eyes.

Thanks everyone ! :)

I just caught 2 more so far this morning ! One being my PB from this body of water. Will post some pictures this afternoon !

photo Norton May 6_zps6fgkdphu.jpg  photo Norton May 6 2_zpsobk8eu7b.jpg  photo Norton May 6 3_zpso9eluzuc.jpg

Heres the 3 fish from this mornings session. The top one was an absolute monster. A very thick and healthy fish that refused to come to shore for about 15 mins. She spooled out at least 100 yards because i could see the mono backing on my reel. What a beauty day for fishing. Back to Niagara this weekend for some more carp in a new spot I have never carped before

Handsome fish there Gunner , thanks for posting . I saw a few jumping at Jordan Friday ,close to the shoreline , hope they are on the prowl for some of my corn sandwiches soon !

Handsome fish there Gunner , thanks for posting . I saw a few jumping at Jordan Friday ,close to the shoreline , hope they are on the prowl for some of my corn sandwiches soon !

i had a few sucking up my P.C corn but no hookups im sure one of the fish that got off would have been a new PB they were big and heavy

i had a few sucking up my P.C corn but no hookups im sure one of the fish that got off would have been a new PB they were big and heavy

P.C . ?? ...Pop Corn ? :) ......I still have about 25 lbs. of maize left from last year ....hope to get it in the big pot soon . The gobies seem to be out in full force this year and will strip the canned corn & puff corn off the hook in minutes , but not the harder maize .

P.C . ?? ...Pop Corn ? :) ......I still have about 25 lbs. of maize left from last year ....hope to get it in the big pot soon . The gobies seem to be out in full force this year and will strip the canned corn & puff corn off the hook in minutes , but not the harder maize .

Peaches and cream :pardon:

Peaches and cream :pardon:

Ha ha , my wife said it was President's Choice . I like using the peaches & cream niblet corn .....don't know why they call it cream corn though , I use creamed corn to mix with oats & puffed corn , and for chum . All this high tech stuff can be overwhelming ! :crazy:

Archived