Relaxin On The River Side

Tyler0420

I don't know if it's just me but I see pictures of 30 pound or heavier carp missing scales and with big gashes in them and I just don't see it as much of a trophy catch then I see pristine carp perfect condition happy fat fish and I think "see that's a hell of a fish to catch"

These were nice lookin fish but only in the 2-4lb range.

My pb carp is only 12lbs so lookin to break that this year.

I'd be happy to catch a two pound anything! Haha good luck I'm hoping for anything this year

On 2016-05-15 at 0:38 PM, Tyler0420 said:

Yes. Local waters for me.(Brantford)

Anywhere near this park Tyler ?   Beware of crazy fishermen .....:unsure:

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6561622-argument-between-fishermen-ends-with-stabbing-at-family-fun-park/

No but I use to live accross the river there.  (That is downtown area) Lots of good fishing spots around there. If that was me the old man would of been going in the river with the knife in his leg lol. Jk

On May 16, 2016 at 3:27 PM, Tyler0420 said:

These were nice lookin fish but only in the 2-4lb range.

My pb carp is only 12lbs so lookin to break that this year.

I'm from Brantford and fished carp exclusively for a few years. Try Wilkes dam, walk down till about Indian dam ... All along there are plenty, big ones too. PB for me is a 30 pound mirror, but caught lots of commons above 20

On 2016-05-16 at 0:45 PM, RyannLarge said:

I don't know if it's just me but I see pictures of 30 pound or heavier carp missing scales and with big gashes in them and I just don't see it as much of a trophy catch then I see pristine carp perfect condition happy fat fish and I think "see that's a hell of a fish to catch"

Some pretty ugly fish our there Ryann , but some of them old boys & girls have a lot of spunk . An old 20 lb. cat is UGLY as sin , but may spool you , same with that old carp with a mean attitude .  Personally , if I want a fish mounted , I would prefer one on the lean side , not super preggo with eggs or a beer belly ......B)

18 hours ago, smerchly said:

Some pretty ugly fish our there Ryann , but some of them old boys & girls have a lot of spunk . An old 20 lb. cat is UGLY as sin , but may spool you , same with that old carp with a mean attitude .  Personally , if I want a fish mounted , I would prefer one on the lean side , not super preggo with eggs or a beer belly ......B)

I would be happy to catch any carp. Still trying.

Archived