Camp and fish?

Lunkerhunter

Hi guys just wondering if anyone knows of any good camp sites that you can camp and fish.  Prefere it to be on Lake Erie or Ontario. I'm looking for a camp site that I can literally have my tent on the bank where I am fishing. I don't want to have to leave my camp site to fish is what I'm looking for. 

Thanks bigugli will look it up and take a look. Anyone else have any other suggestions? Looking at their camp sites bigugli it does not look like they have any sites available bank side unfortunately. Am I not reading the map right?Plenty of camp sites offer fishing close by however I literally want to fish and be able to camp in the same spot. 

3 hours ago, Lunkerhunter said:

Thanks bigugli will look it up and take a look. Anyone else have any other suggestions? Looking at their camp sites bigugli it does not look like they have any sites available bank side unfortunately. Am I not reading the map right?Plenty of camp sites offer fishing close by however I literally want to fish and be able to camp in the same spot. 

Lake side sites on the Great Lakes won't happen. There are a number of provincial parks in the interior, like Six Mile, that will fit that bill, but most will already be booked solid unless you are north of the 17 highway

Byng has camp sites on the grand river. I think the campsites are in the section called sulfur Creek. It's great there because the sites are in line with the river and they aren't on top of each other like the ones on the island. Bring corn and worms last time we camped there we had a mix of fish carp, catfish, bass, suckers and walleye. They have a huge pool too! 

Like Bruce mentioned, Six mile has what you are looking for but its a bit of a drive. Worth the drive in my opinion.

If you book the rights site you could sit in your tent and cast.... lol

• 4 weeks later...

Archived