Underwater Video shot Saturday

Jim K

Nothing amazing, just a couple minutes from a routine drift dive. I wasn't the diver at the Queenstown boat launch but I wonder if I know him

Jim

57 minutes ago, knightfisher said:

Thanks that was great.

Just wondering, do those fish stay in a certain area, or do they just drift down river with the current  ?

they usually stay in a general area for a while.

Nice Jim, thanks for sharing your videos always great !!

17 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Thanks for sharing once again.  Would you dive at queenston?

I Dove the area years ago. Many years ago, like the late 90's, so I might not be dead on with all the details . A guy I was diving with obtained permission to jump in at an excursion boat dock, It was like a fake steamship, or something. from there, we were to drift downstream to near the Fort, where we parked a couple cars. I remember seeing a car. It was a 1977 or 78 Cougar or LTD 2, and there was a school of walleye behind it, using it as a current break. At that moment, I thought it was pretty cool, but later regretted not looking in the windows to see if there were remains, and tying my float and flag on it for the authorities to check. Someone may have missed a turn, and put it in the river. It seems you hear stories about that kind of thing every few years. There were also a couple auto's in the Chippewa Cut years ago.  

Dont worry Jim we know the idiot at queenston isn't you cause I see you use a bouy line well diving he does not and keep in mind he does so at an active drift and a active boat launch he's a gem

On 20/07/2016 at 5:58 PM, Jim K said:

I Dove the area years ago. Many years ago, like the late 90's, so I might not be dead on with all the details . A guy I was diving with obtained permission to jump in at an excursion boat dock, It was like a fake steamship, or something. from there, we were to drift downstream to near the Fort, where we parked a couple cars. I remember seeing a car. It was a 1977 or 78 Cougar or LTD 2, and there was a school of walleye behind it, using it as a current break. At that moment, I thought it was pretty cool, but later regretted not looking in the windows to see if there were remains, and tying my float and flag on it for the authorities to check. Someone may have missed a turn, and put it in the river. It seems you hear stories about that kind of thing every few years. There were also a couple auto's in the Chippewa Cut years ago.  

Scuba is sonething ive always been ficinated with and always wanted to try. Posts like this don't help! I've got to give it a try sometime!

Archived