Rod repair

kgm

Has anyone fixed a fishing rod that is broken in the spot they come apart?  One of my kids rods broke at the connection. It's not an expensive rod but I would like to fix it as there is nothing else wrong with it.  Is there a way to make a new "sleeve" where the 2 parts fit together?  I looked in the rod repair section but they only really have replacement eyes. Thanks 

If it's broken just above the ferrule you might be able to fit a piece of rigid material inside , like a piece from an old broken rod , or a piece of shank from a pen ,  etc. It should fit snug & be about 2" long on each side of the break ......glue it inside , match the break spot & wrap it with thread & epoxy it . I have done a few rods this way  and none have broke again .

13 minutes ago, floatman said:

If you are near Hamilton, I have a spinning rod sitting in the corner just waiting for a youngster to put to work.

just pick it up.

That is a generous offer. I really appreciate it. I'm in Niagara so not too close to Hamilton, but if I am up that way soon I will send you a message. Thanks so much

On 2016-07-24 at 7:09 PM, floatman said:

If you are near Hamilton, I have a spinning rod sitting in the corner just waiting for a youngster to put to work.

just pick it up.

Nice gesture Bill.

Archived