taxidermy! !!

FRANKROY

On 1/21/2017 at 10:52 PM, Chrisb said:

I don't know about last week, but In 1943 one was caught and is the Ontario record.

http://www.recordfishcanada.com/walleye7.html

Sorry to go off topic here, but it bothers me to see a site like this, showing all these record catches being gill raped and labeled as 'catch and release'. 

On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 9:07 PM, Tom S said:

Sorry to go off topic here, but it bothers me to see a site like this, showing all these record catches being gill raped and labeled as 'catch and release'. 

Bothers me too, and I hate to say this bit I'm sure some of those fish didn't go back. I think there should be a course with a similar process like getting a boating license, completing a bunch of chapters on laws, limits, fish handling and even a section on proper catch and release. 

No sense writing more complex regulations for a ministry that is grossly understaffed for enforcement. Then the courts need to hand out punishments and fines with real impact. Kinda like they do in them thar Southern states

On 1/24/2017 at 9:07 PM, Tom S said:

They were in there right to keep it and eat it! 

13 hours ago, AwolRJ said:

They were in there right to keep it and eat it! 

Totally within their rights to keep. What bothers me is that they do such a poor job of handling the fish that even though they released they might as well have kept them. There is more to catch and release than just tossing the fish back in the water.

Like this fellow (from a totally unrelated forum) who claimed to have released this 10lb walleye. Never mind the blood pouring from the gills and internal organ damage from hanging a large fish from it's mouth. Probably became crayfish food shortly after this photo, but he practiced 'catch and release'.

IMG_1305.jpg

Rant over. Let's get this back on topic, we could probably beat this dead horse all day if we wanted to.

On 2017-01-22 at 10:55 AM, WalleyeChaser said:

I know the longest eye came from lake temagami two yrs back thru the ice 

What was the length? I caught a 31 1/2 there about 10 yrs back, only weighed 9lbs. Pretty light compared to erie fish!

Archived