Racoons?

bobert

Just wandering what happened to the rabid  racoons post from yesterday... Obviously is was deleted intentionally. It's a real issue that I think should be addressed. Maybe it was moved to a different section.

It was moved to the hunting section where less people will see it as opposed to the main area.  Probably because it can be classified as conservation.  I thought it was an important enough post for the main area.

A COUPLE MONTHS AGO A RACOON WALKED THRU MY YARD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY...MY DOG JUMPED IT THRASHED IT AROUND AND DIDNT KILL IT.I TRAPPED IT AND CALLED THE HUMANE SOCIETY.WHEN THE OFFICER CAME OUT I ASKED IF I COULD HAVE SHOT THE COON AND SHE SAID I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO DEFEND MY DOGS,PROPERTY ECT AND THAT SHOOTING IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ACCEPTABLE.SHE REMOVED THE ANIMAL.THE COONS HEAD WAS THEN REMOVED AND SENT TO GUELPH FOR ANALYSIS.HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO LOOK AT RACOON HEADS ALL DAY! THEY NEVER GOT BACK TO ME WITH INFO ON WHAT THE CRITTER HAD ALTHOUGH THE OFFICER DID TELL ME THAT DISTEMPER IS VERY COMMON.MY TWO DOGS WHERE UNDER HOUSE ARREST FOR THREE WEEKS!

LONG STORY SHORT..IF YOU NEED KILL ONE...KEEP THE HEAD IN ONE (NON PERFERATED) PIECE...JUST IN CASE TESTES NEED TO BE DONE!

Archived