Question:Jet divers off planer boards

Its About Time

I have a question.

Has an body ran jet divers with a worm harness off planer boards on erie for eyes.

I'm thinking of trying it out on weekend Going to have 3 people in the boat this weekend so I'm trying to figure out my best set up to run 6 rods.

I know there are many ways, but I haven't tried this out

Thanks in advance

I like to run a jet diver on each side, off the boards switching up the depths depending on results. Will then run a couple dipseys off the back close to bottom, that way you have more of the water column covered. I've given up running any more than four rods as too many opportunities for tangled lines. The boards definitely give you an edge when they are suspended. Downside is that it's more difficult to control the boat and turn especially when windy.

Good luck.

Yes you can run  a jet off in line  boards, I usually run 2 jets and a dipsey off Port side, just remember to have your shallow running jet out the furthest , then  run the deeper one in closer and a dipsey in close off the back corner on a one set  with no  board even deeper  . That way if you catch on the outside it will come in  over the deeper lines without tangles.  same goes for lead core off the other side . When checking lines just skip the board over to the middle and bring it in down the chute . When letting it back out just float it straight out the back till it clears the other lines and then set it and let it move In to position .

I,ve been In  teaching mode for the last 2 days with a buddy that's a bass guy wanting to transition  to trolling pickerel  we got his boat and tackle all rigged , had 6 Lines  out today with no tangles he is on his own after today .

Archived